ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

V 1.5.1.1 Problems with Dock Settings and Item settings screen

<< < (4/6) > >>

sgtevmckay:
Ultimately I had this issue as well.

There seems to be, for what ever unknown reason, rare cases that Circle Dock can not be installed and run properly from the Program Files or Program Files (x86)......It works like a charm from the program files (x86) on my desktop, but not on my laptop.

My solution was to do a clean install to a new folder I labeled; Program Files (Alternative)
This has had a lot of benefits, but 2 in particular.
1.) It is outside the UAC, but when Circle Dock is run, it is still monitored by the UAC
2.) This has given me a great place to put my self contained programs (ie. Portable applications or non-install)

I created the above mention folder, then did the Circle Dock install to that directory
I have not had an major issues since.

As I have pointed out this seems to be an intermittent issue with windows 7 64, but I am unaware of it effecting any ealier versions of Windows OS, and again it does not happen all the time. We are actively looking into this, but it is harder when it does not happen to everyone in the same manner across the same OS  :P

Try it, if you are comfortable with doing so, and I'd bet good money it will work  :Thmbsup:

worick:
Good idea. Unfortunately, I don't think that would fix my issue. I already have CD installed outside the x86 or program folder.  ;D

sgtevmckay:
Okie Doke...This is good, but keep in mind that SP3 added additional .NET Framework handlers...your call...I know of many who refuse to update to SP3 for what ever reasons.

worick:
?... I don't understand your last post. Was this a reply to the wrong thread? I have to admit I certainly have not upgraded to Win 7 SP3  :D Are you talking about .net 2 SP3? I do believe I am on .net SP3 on that machine. I do dev work with MS Visual studio on that machine and have mostly the latest version of each production version of .net on it. I have not loaded the .net 4 framework on that machine though. (MSDN sub)

I think you were suggesting I install CD in a folder outside of the Program files (x86) or the Program files folder. I was trying to say I already have CD installed out of those folders. I have CD in a folder named apps on Drive E. My Win7 install is on C drive as are the program (x86) and Program folders.

and yeah I have a lot of drives.

sgtevmckay:
Oops...you are exactly right...My bad  :-[

Way too many conversations at the moment: IM, IRC, 2 Forums, and e-mail....
Ack!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version