ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

V 1.5.1.1 Problems with Dock Settings and Item settings screen

<< < (3/6) > >>

worick:
I loaded up V 1.5.2 Setup went flawlessly, I tested some links, then made some setup changes. Unfortunately I then lost middle mouse button toggle. I tried using the taskbar icon's "Reconnect mouse and keyboard handlers" link and it did not fix the issue.

I restarted Circle dock and tried going into the settings screen and back out... Oddly enough middle click DID work for toggling visibility. later I went back into the setup screen and middle button toggling stopped working... So I tried the "reconnect mouse..." menu item and it Worked! I was a little confused so, I went through more detailed testing to see what was happening. I also noticed I had checked the "return to top level" and it was now unchecked.

Note - all visibility toggles were by middle click unless otherwise stated.
test 1.
Launch CD. tested visibility toggle and it worked. Opened Dock Settings and exited without changing tabs or any settings. Visibility toggle failed. "Reconnect" menu item did not fix the issue. I let it sit for a few minutes and tried toggling again, no go. I used the taskbar icon to toggle visibility on then off again. I tried middle click and no toggle. I tried the "reconnect" menu item and it worked.

Test 2.
Thinking using the taskbar icon to toggle visibility before using the "reconnect" menu item may have something to do with it I did the following.
quite, and reloaded Circle dock. opened Settings screen and exited without changing tabs or settings. Visibility toggle did not work. Used Taskbar icon to toggle visibility off. used "reconnect" menu item. Middle click worked again.
Test 3
duplication of test 2. Same results.
Test 4
Without quit/restart repeat steeps of test 2. Different results. Middle click continued to work after exiting setup screen for about 1 min, then middle click stopped working. I had left the dock up during that time. I then used the taskbar to toggle visibility, and used the "reconnect" feature. It did not work. I tried waiting a few minutes and middle click did not recover, nor did "reconnect" fix the issue.
Test 5
duplicate test 2. Same results initially, then toggle failed after about 15 seconds.

At this point I realized there may be another factor. I run dual monitors. In my testing I had been moving back and forth between the two screens. I did not track when or what happened in association with which monitor CD was launched and running on.

Test 6
Repeat test 2. ONLY used primary monitor.
Mostly the same results except "reconnect" menu item ALWAYS worked. no need to use the task bar to toggle visibility first.
Test 7
Repeat test 6
middle toggle continued to work after exiting settings menu. Went back into settings menu and exited and middle button did not work. without using Taskbar icon to toggle I used the "reconnect" menu item and it worked.

I was AFK for about 5 min at this point and when I returned CD would not toggle on with middle button, and "reconnect" did not fix the issue. I used the taskbar icon to toggle visibility on and off, then tried the "reconnect" and it did not work.

I don't know if that 5 min afk may have been the other issue you were talking to SgtMcKay about or the issue I am having.

Test 8
quit/reload CD. open on monitor 2. open settings on monitor 2. Close settings. Middle toggle did not work. used reconnect button without toggling visibility and it worked.

Test 9
Repeat test 8
Middle button continued to work after exiting settings menu.

Test 10
without restarting I again entered the the settings menu with CD on monitor 2. Exited settings and middle button did not work. I used the "reconnect" button and it fixed the issue.

about 2 minutes later middle click stopped working. "reconnect" did not fix the issue.

So... It doesn't appear to be an issue with multiple monitors. I wonder if the issue of the hooks getting removed is being complicated by a background app running. There defiantly seems to be some tie in with the settings menu triggering it either directly or indirectly.  I have several applications running in the background, but the only app open and on my screen was FireFox. This is on the same Win 7 X64 machine from my earlier posts.

worick:
A couple other notes on the post above.

On quit/restart the settings for "always return to top level" is not saved. I tried several times. I tried a few other settings and those were remembered.

After exiting the settings menu, and verifying the middle button would not toggle the visibility, I trick choosing the menu item for pausing mouse toggle and received the invalid hook handle error in the attached image. I think this just verifies that CD is loosing its hook into the button. Or the name is changing...

Markham:
Thank you for your detailed report. Which operating system are you using?

Mark

sgtevmckay:
My money is on Windows 7
64 bit if I had to nail it down  :tellme:

worick:
lol Sgtevmckay.

Yes. Windows 7 64bit.

I'll test the new version on a Windows 7 32bit today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version