ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

V 1.5.1.1 Problems with Dock Settings and Item settings screen

<< < (2/6) > >>

sgtevmckay:
Possible...I will investigate.

Current setup:
Logitech Mouse 7 button
Standard Laptop Keyboard

worick:
Thanks for the fast response. I can add in a little more info that may be related to that second problem that you could not replicate.

I noticed when I change a label the text often gets set to a fixed location. Whatever the coordinates are when the label is changed, it stays in that exact location on the screen even when the dock is moved around, or hidden and unhidden. The label hides at the same time as the dock but when it reapers it is still in the location where it was changed, not where the dock is now. If I hover over the associated icon it fixes that issue.

This is probably a separate item but I thought it had a chance of being relevant.

Markham:
Ah okay, I see what's happening. You have labels set to show on mouse-over only. When a Dock Item's properties are edited, it's label is shown but the label doesn't become hidden when you dismiss the dialog.

I've fixed that issue and will be releasing a minor update (1.52) later today.

Mark

Markham:
I will open CD at startup. Use it start say: MS Word....I will write a document and then save....Approximately an hour and a half. Close all related programs...go to center click, and CD will not appear.
Attempts to un-click and re click the option in settings is to no effect.
If I switch functions (Hotkey the appearance), re-open settings and set Middle Click as an option, it will work again.

It is like CD is is in slow degradation in its line of communication to the OS, eventually I am left with hiding via the CD Context Menu and showing via the systray icon, after about 5 hours
-sgtevmckay (February 09, 2010, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've put in a couple of experimental fixes for this issue:

1. When Circle Dock is hidden, it will re-establish the linkages for the mouse visibility toggle every 5 minutes. As this addresses the global handler DLL directly, Windows shouldn't try to unload or swap the DLL out of memory.

2. I've added a new context menu item to the System Tray Icon ("Reconnect Mouse and Keystroke handlers") which does pretty much the same except that it will also show the dock.

Both methods will also ensure that Circle Dock's handlers are in the "chain" - as I mentioned in my earlier reply, some programs hook these triggers for their own purposes but forget there may be other "listeners" and therefore don't pass messages down the line. Or worse, they cause the unhooking of Circle Dock's listeners.

Please try the first method first. The second method is a "Plan B" scenario and will be removed if "Plan A" works consistently.

The update with this new code (v1.52) will be released later today.

Mark

sgtevmckay:
Thanks Markham for all your efforts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version