ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

V 1.5.1.1 Problems with Dock Settings and Item settings screen

(1/6) > >>

worick:
Win 7 64 bit OS Circle Dock V 1.5.1.1 This is an install over V1 that was an install over an older version etc.

I can open the Dock Settings and Item settings screens just fine. They appear to function correctly as well. However after I close them I can no longer use my middle mouse button to toggle CD. If I restart Circle Dock the middle button toggles CD again. Any changed settings are retained. Going to the Item settings screen does not always produce this effect, the Dock settings screen always does. In the failed state I used the taskbar icon to open CD up and went into the Dock Settings screen and it did show the middle mouse button set as the toggle. I tried closing the Settings screen and using the middle button to no avail. I also tried changing the toggle to a new function and back to middle button and it did not help.

I did notice that in the failed state if I change the toggle to something else like Right mouse + shift, and exit the settings screen the new hot-key does work without a restart. It does however ignore the need for the additional key. No matter what Keys I choose in addition to right click, a simple right click with no buttons pressed toggles the dock. Going back into the settings screen and choosing middle button does not restore functionality. Only restarting circle dock restores the middle button toggle.

Also when I use the Icon settings screen to change the label of an icon it truncates the first few letters off of several other Icon labels. There does not appear to be a hard limit like 8 chars. Some examples Downloads : loads
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 : soft Visual Studio 2008
Oblivion : livion
That is real annoying because if I go in to fix one, it truncates 3-4 more labels.

worick:
I tried installing a fresh copy of V 1.5.1.1 in a new folder and it has the same issues. So, it doesn't appear to be related to any settings or files from older versions.

Markham:
Win 7 64 bit OS Circle Dock V 1.5.1.1 This is an install over V1 that was an install over an older version etc.

I can open the Dock Settings and Item settings screens just fine. They appear to function correctly as well. However after I close them I can no longer use my middle mouse button to toggle CD. If I restart Circle Dock the middle button toggles CD again. Any changed settings are retained. Going to the Item settings screen does not always produce this effect, the Dock settings screen always does. In the failed state I used the taskbar icon to open CD up and went into the Dock Settings screen and it did show the middle mouse button set as the toggle. I tried closing the Settings screen and using the middle button to no avail. I also tried changing the toggle to a new function and back to middle button and it did not help.

I did notice that in the failed state if I change the toggle to something else like Right mouse + shift, and exit the settings screen the new hot-key does work without a restart. It does however ignore the need for the additional key. No matter what Keys I choose in addition to right click, a simple right click with no buttons pressed toggles the dock. Going back into the settings screen and choosing middle button does not restore functionality. Only restarting circle dock restores the middle button toggle.-worick (February 09, 2010, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Coincidentally the guy who's re-designing the Circle Dock website phoned me earlier with the same problem but he did not describe it quite as succinctly or accurately as you! I have fixed it for the next update.

But I'm having problems with this:
Also when I use the Icon settings screen to change the label of an icon it truncates the first few letters off of several other Icon labels. There does not appear to be a hard limit like 8 chars. Some examples Downloads : loads
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 : soft Visual Studio 2008
Oblivion : livion
That is real annoying because if I go in to fix one, it truncates 3-4 more labels.

--- End quote ---

I can not reproduce this at all - and I've tried three PCs with 3 different operating systems. It doesn't make sense either because when you edit a Dock Item's settings, Circle Dock has to retrieve that item's data record and the values are loaded into the dialog. Editing a Dock Item's name (the Label) is done in real time - as you key characters into the text box, the item's label changes. Each label is a separate window and the only linkage is between the Dock Item and its Label -- Labels aren't in linked-lists or anything like that.

Mark

sgtevmckay:
I can verify this!

Location of Software: C:/Program files (Alternative)/CircleDock
No UAC control of this file, only the CD process

Apparently this is an intermittent issue, but also one that appears after Circle Dock has not been utilized for some time.
I will open CD at startup. Use it start say: MS Word....I will write a document and then save....Approximately an hour and a half. Close all related programs...go to center click, and CD will not appear.
Attempts to un-click and re click the option in settings is to no effect.
If I switch functions (Hotkey the appearance), re-open settings and set Middle Click as an option, it will work again.

It is like CD is is in slow degradation in its line of communication to the OS, eventually I am left with hiding via the CD Context Menu and showing via the systray icon, after about 5 hours

Markham:
That's a completely different issue, Sarge, and your issue is probably due to the way Windows Vista and 7 work. It seems that these two operating systems will unload unused DLLs after a while. There is a (Registry) fix for that, I believe. Since I'm developing the product, I don't have the luxury of having it loaded for more than a couple of minutes at a time!

It is also possible you ran a program that hooks keyboard and mouse for its own use and doesn't respect the fact that there may be other programs also hooking those events and therefore cuts the chains.

Maybe I'll include a "repair" function into the Tray Icon context menu which will re-invoke the keyboard and mouse event handlers.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version