ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone playing Mass Effect 2 game yet?

<< < (5/10) > >>

Lashiec:
I think I played a bit of Dungeon Siege and I don't remember the AI playing for me at all. Was it a setting you had to activate in the menus or was auto-play on by default?
-Deozaan (March 17, 2010, 10:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's auto-play by default, you only have to take care of moving your characters to the next pack of enemies as well as keeping an eye on HP and MP figures and pressing hotkeys accordingly. You can tune the behavior a bit to avoid dying faster than you should and to get a better management of your resources, since as I said the AI is far from perfect, and you usually end up with your characters attacking different enemies instead of focusing their attacks on a single one, while the enemies beat the hell out of one of your magicians or archers. Plus it also has the bad habit of chasing enemies on the run, which is a pretty bad idea as the only possible outcome is encountering even more enemies. And unlike Diablo, it's pretty difficult to face a mob and emerge victorious, specially as the game progresses.

And that's why a more active role is really necessary, which again, doesn't make the game a whole lot better, it simply adds more interactivity, something that hack and slay games are not famous for anyway.

Also, it seems it's possible to reduce your options of interaction even further, leaving you only with the hotkey pressing, or at least that's what the most vocal critics say about the game. I'll have to test it to be sure.

mouser:
Did I never post a follow up to my Mass Effect 2 thread?  It turns out i gave it another try and realllly liked it.

Mass Effect 3 is coming out soon and it will be one of the few games I play this year.

Jibz:
I really loved ME 2, so I would probably be playing it too, if it wasn't for EA not putting it on Steam >:(.

wraith808:
I really loved ME 2, so I would probably be playing it too, if it wasn't for EA not putting it on Steam >:(.

-Jibz (February 15, 2012, 03:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

With EA having their own distribution platform now, I wouldn't count on ever seeing their stuff on another platform. /shrug

lanux128:
With EA having their own distribution platform now, I wouldn't count on ever seeing their stuff on another platform. /shrug-wraith808 (February 15, 2012, 04:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

they cut out only Steam. ME3 can be obtained from other vendors but requires the buyers to install Origin in order to activate ME3. the Origin client is needed for both, single and multiplayer part of the game.

• http://www.edge-online.com/news/ea-confirms-origin-requirement-no-steam-pc-mass-effect-3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version