ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini Review: Install Creator Pro

(1/1)

KynloStephen66515:
Basic Info

App NameInstall Creator ProApp URLhttp://www.clickteam.com/eng/installcreator.phpApp Version Reviewedv2.0 Build #24Test System SpecsAsus Xonar D2 Ultra Fidelity 7.1 PCI Sound Card
4GB RAM
Win XP Pro SP3
RADEON HD 3850

--- End quote ---
Supported OSesWin XP/Vista/7Support MethodsForum/E-Mail/Phone/Mail/FaxUpgrade PolicyNo Info FoundTrial Version Available?Available - No Nag Screens, Includes Ad at End of InstallerPricing SchemeStandard or Professional VersionReviewer Donation LinkDonate to Stephen66515, the Review WriterRelationship btwn. Reviewer and Product Current Customer
Intro:

Create your own professional installation for any software/packages you wish to distribute, Generate serial keys, include multiple versions of  your software (Registered, Free, Basic, Pro etc...), also includes the uninstaller for your software.

Install software gives you the option to also launch websites on installation finish, add the software to Start, and Control Panel, and can also place keys into the registry.

3 Modes of compression also included, very basic option, but rather handy.

Mini Review: Install Creator Pro

Who is this app designed for:

This Application is designed for anybody who wishes to distribute their software in a professional manner.

The Good

This software is great for packaging software quickly and efficiently.

The needs improvement section

The serial key generator seems to work but I have been unable to locate (after quite a lot of looking) where the keys are stored, so you know what keys your software will use to allow the user to install.

Why I think you should use this product

If you are looking to create a high-spec installation program for your self-made software, then this is certainly a product I would recommend.

How does it compare to similar apps

Compared to the installer that software such as Visual Basic, Visual Studio and Microsoft package with their software, Install Creator Pro gives a wider variety of options, making it much easier to do what you want to do, in a time saving manner.

Conclusions

I will conclude this review by saying that I have been using this software for quite some time, and really like using it.  I would not recommend using the serial key generator that is built in to it, unless you can find where they are stored.

Overall, this software deserves a rating of 84%

scancode:
How does it compare to our beloved NSIS?

KynloStephen66515:
How does it compare to our beloved NSIS?
-scancode (February 08, 2010, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not a clue

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version