ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Paragon Virtualization Manager 2010

(1/8) > >>

tinjaw:
I just learned about Paragon's Virtualization Manager 2010 Personal the other day. It looks like it could be useful. I would use it on Windows 7 to go between my Win7 on bare iron, my Sun VirtualBox VMs, and my Microsoft Virtual PC images. I don't have VMware Workstation, but it would be nice to be able to convert VMware images I get in the wild to VirtualBox images.

Anybody have any experience with this product?

nudone:
hmm, no free trial available to download. it's tempting to just buy it and give it a try.

i think f0dder wanted something that could convert a virtual machine into a real working system - this looks like the perfect software to do it. maybe he's tested it already.

f0dder:
maybe he's tested it already.-nudone (February 08, 2010, 06:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nope, but it looks like it might be worth testing - I indeed want v2p :)

edit: hmm, no trial available? $30 is pretty cheap if it works, but if it doesn't do v2p properly, $30 is too much cash to basically throw out of the window.

nudone:
i wonder if not offering a trial means there's something to worry about. i suppose a trial version would be too easy to abuse, i.e. convert a virtual machine and don't bother using the software ever again.

nudone:
f0dder, i think you are the best man to test out the software so i'll forward you the correct amount of Cody DC credits to cover the cost of purchasing the program. all i ask in return is that you give the program a good going over and let us all know about it (which i'm sure you'd do anyway).

let me know if you agree.

tinjaw can have the DC credits too - i don't mind "donating" this software for you both to try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version