ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Version 1.53 (Full Version) and Update v1.5x to v1.53 is now available

<< < (2/4) > >>

Archon of Fate:
Is it possible to get a manual zip file with the new patch in it, because the updater will only install to one of my four docks  :tellme:

Markham:
It would be quicker if I simply tell you to copy the following files:

* CircleDock.exe
* CDWB.exe
* All the language files from System\Languages

Dormouse:
-Markham (February 10, 2010, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

The advantage of a single portable zip file being available for download is that the 'Make Portable' function only needs to be done once (admittedly by you) and everyone who only wants to use CD as a portable app can simply download and use that and have as many instances as they want. As it is, there are going to be lots of people out there going through the process; probably quite huge numbers given the number of downloads. People who have difficulty with it could simply use the install version.

Archon of Fate:
thanks  :up:

Markham:
-Markham (February 10, 2010, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

The advantage of a single portable zip file being available for download is that the 'Make Portable' function only needs to be done once (admittedly by you) and everyone who only wants to use CD as a portable app can simply download and use that and have as many instances as they want. As it is, there are going to be lots of people out there going through the process; probably quite huge numbers given the number of downloads. People who have difficulty with it could simply use the install version.
-Dormouse (February 10, 2010, 12:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why - when they can already do that using the full installation program?! You can choose where you want to install Circle Dock and, provided your chosen location is not system-protected, that installation will be "portable" (except that the 'work as Portable App' setting may need to be enabled).

Or am I missing something?

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version