ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Browser Wars: Why did you choose yours?

<< < (4/11) > >>

Josh:
It is innovative if they improve upon it. That is the difference. Innovation does not involve creating a brand new product but can be rather improving an existing one.

Tuxman:
Where is the improvement?

Josh:
So, if I am understanding, your sole objection to other browsers using features is that they must improve something? I think the fact that google and others are implimenting what users want, extension capabilities, opens the doors for those developing users to innovate beyond what is already on the market. That said, you have to start somewhere. Chrome and its extension capability is in its infancy while firefox is like the 30 year old businessman who already has his ways set.

Give it time and I guarantee that the chrome system will surpass what is seen on firefox because only when people compete with similar ideas does innovation truly occur.

Tuxman:
My objection to other browsers is that they try to be a Firefox copy. Once they changed that, they might come back and tell me.

Josh:
And what exactly is wrong with that? They are not copying verbatim in most instances and in others it is the exact same author porting the extension. So really, what is the difference? If a developer chooses to release the SAME tool for another browser, then why change it specifically for one of the browsers you are coding for? Or is it that you are upset that these coders are in fact supporting "the competition"?

I care less which browser I use as long as it does the job I want. I am not "attached" to one browser or way of working. Anyways, back to the rest of the thread as once again this has been hijacked on an off-topic rant that seems to be occurring quite frequently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version