ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Browser Wars: Why did you choose yours?

<< < (10/11) > >>

joiwind:
Just to jump in here - I use k-meleon : it is really fast, light on resources and very easy to configure to one's tastes. There are a number of excellent add-ons or extensions and a really friendly and helpful community.

I think I will never go back to FF or any other browser.

KynloStephen66515:
No one mentioned Safari ... probably with good reason ;)
-Carol Haynes (March 05, 2010, 03:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Haha, never noticed that till now, i've only used Safari once, and wasn't very impressed with it to be honest.  It seemed very clunky slow, and just was not to my taste.

Just to jump in here - I use k-meleon : it is really fast, light on resources and very easy to configure to one's tastes. There are a number of excellent add-ons or extensions and a really friendly and helpful community.

I think I will never go back to FF or any other browser.
-joiwind (March 05, 2010, 04:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great to see this discussion has gained a new lease of life, and the fact we have found our first K-Melon user has got to be a good thing, I would love to hear about your experiences with that browser (as I have never used it) and what features you think make it better than other browsers.

Anybody use any relativity UN-heard of browsers?

If so, let us all know what they are, why you use them, what the features are etc... I think that would be a great help to this discussion :)

-Stephen

joiwind:
Stephen - I'm not saying that k-meleon is the best, I only think it is.

I particularly like KM because of the almost complete control that you can have over the gui including the menus, icons etc. There are many extensions, the majority are written by KM users and it is relatively easy to write and add your own (check out the forum). These extensions include some equivalents of those in FF : Adblock, Cookieculler etc. and a special mention goes to the Policy Manager which works like NoScript but imho is much better.

KM is also skinnable and you can even easily write your own skins !

The community is really lively, helpful and friendly, something I can't say about some other forums (not DC of course). If you have an idea for a good extension, just post it on the forum and usually in a very short time someone will write it for you !

KM is also one of the fastest browsers that I have tested, it loads almost instantly and doesn't take up too many resources unless you leave  a lot of tabs open with Flash content.

And by the way, the 1.5.4 version came out today :Thmbsup:

Curt:
I use Firefox more than any other browser, because it offers me the addons I want. It is by far not the fastest or most reliable one, but when all goes well it is the most convenient browser to use.

I find any discussion about who came first with what, to be of very little interest, if any.

KynloStephen66515:
I find any discussion about who came first with what, to be of very little interest, if any.
-Curt (March 05, 2010, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I find "Who does it better" ones funnier tbh.  But "Who came first with what" is only good if its actually new at that time, and its of any interest to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version