ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Browser Wars: Why did you choose yours?

<< < (3/11) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Just come across a bit of info on how Extensions  work and are created in Opera, seems rather long winded and didn't really have a chance to look at it all, but the documentation is here for you anyway.

Its all about the cross-browser NPAPI extensions and use the MozillaPlugins registry key.

Josh:
That is for PLUGINS not extensions. That was pointed out a while ago. This is for stuff like flash/java.

KynloStephen66515:
Ah, my bad, like I said, I didn't read it all and it WAS labeled as Extensions lol

tinjaw:
I chose Firefox for two reasons. 20% because it is not Microsoft and 80% because of extensions/addons/plugins.

Tuxman:
Tuxman: So, you are basically saying that any browser which has extensions is a clone of firefox, is that right?-Josh (February 06, 2010, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
No,  but stepwise adopting special Firefox stuff like Adblock Plus and Greasemonkey is not innovative at all.

It really gets old especially with the opera crowd and tabbed browsing.-Josh (February 06, 2010, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
... which they did not have first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version