ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

"Recent folders" in the open/save dialog box

<< < (3/4) > >>

Darwin:
No problem Darwin. It was my fault!  :-[
-jity2 (February 02, 2010, 12:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was?!?  So it was you that stopped development then?   

Jim
-J-Mac (February 07, 2010, 12:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D

I installed DirectFolders under Windows 7 64-bit and uninstalled it shortly thereafter. Sadly, other than the information pane that appears above the Open/Save dialog, I couldn't see much that DF added (and I've never really liked the information pane to begin with!). Admittedly, I didn't really play with the settings very much, but from looking them over, I didn't see much that would compel me to keep it around.

Pity...

J-Mac:
I bought Piky Suite last time it was on Bits. Piky Folders is the only part I use though. Doesn’t do much except allow me to create a list of Favorite folders which I can access from most Open and Save dialogs. It doesn’t have "Recent" folders but Win7 already has that so I don’t need a 3rd party app for that anymore.   :)

Jim

Darwin:
It doesn’t have "Recent" folders but Win7 already has that so I don’t need a 3rd party app for that anymore.
-J-Mac (February 07, 2010, 01:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ha, ha! I forgot about that - Vista has it, too. My problem has been that it populates with so many folders that they keep changing as I am trying to select the one that I want. I suppose I should get off my duff and research how to get it to show, say, only the top 12 or something folders, instead of everything I've used in the past week!

NOTE: MS really needs to release TweakUI for Vista and Windows 7  >:(

Darwin:
I bought Piky Suite last time it was on Bits. Piky Folders is the only part I use though. Doesn’t do much except allow me to create a list of Favorite folders which I can access from most Open and Save dialogs. -J-Mac (February 07, 2010, 01:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

BTW, you can add Favorite folders to the Favorites section of the left hand pane in Windows 7's Open/Save dialog by right clicking the Favorites folder and selecting "Add current location to Favorites". It took an embarrassingly long time for me to "remember" that one - I kept finding myself looking for Win98/2k/XP era links to the same feature. Old habits die REALLY hard  ;D

kartal:
Hi

I am also looking for a solution that would bith work in 32bit and 64bit modes under Windows 7, which means that it would show up properly under both 32 and 64 bit applications file dialogs.

Any suggestions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version