ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Web-Browser Review: Opera 10.00

<< < (9/14) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
I understand that some people use "FF" for "Fire Fox", but I don't actually understand why they call Firefox "Fire Fox". "Firefox" are not two words[/url].
-Tuxman (February 03, 2010, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

You seem to be missing the fact, that even though, Firefox, is indeed ONE word, it is only so, in its own right, most people separate it into the 2 known English words, "Fire and Fox, hence the second F (Fox begins with an F)

Fire: open fire: start firing a weapon
Fox: alert carnivorous mammal with pointed muzzle and ears and a bushy tail; most are predators that do not hunt in packs

Basically, what you are saying, is The correct term for this website, would not, in-fact, be DC, but instead, DR, where-as we all know that Donation Coder is not 1 word, it is in-fact two separate words taken from the English Language.

Donation: contribution: a voluntary gift (as of money or service or ideas) made to some worthwhile cause
Coder:  programmer: a person who designs and writes and tests computer programs

Tuxman:
A "Donationcoder" (which would be Dr, not DR, of course!) is not an existing thing. A Firefox is.

KynloStephen66515:
A "Donationcoder" (which would be Dr, not DR, of course!) is not an existing thing. A Firefox is.
-Tuxman (February 03, 2010, 01:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

So you are telling me, I am not, indeed, using a web-browser, but instead, typing into a Red Panda?...It is still separated into 2 words, because a website browser is NOT a living entity.

Yes, I agree, that this software has been named after an animal (which name is one singular word') but you cannot tell me, with all honesty that this makes you 100% correct?

Its along the same lines as a Blackberry phone, nobody uses the acronym, BY, but instead BB...are all these people wrong to?

Tuxman:
The web browser is named after the animal, so why is it FF for "Fire Fox", but not for the Red Panda?

Yes, these people are wrong. There is no second "B" in Blackberry.

KynloStephen66515:
The web browser is named after the animal, so why is it FF for "Fire Fox", but not for the Red Panda?

Yes, these people are wrong. There is no second "B" in Blackberry.
-Tuxman (February 03, 2010, 01:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

What you just said made absolutely zero sense..."But not for red panda" because the browser is called Firefox, not Red Panda, if it was called Red Panda, it would be RP and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

"There is no second B in blackberry" Agreed, but Black and Berry are 2 separate words, made into one word for this fruit.  so the acronym is BB.  Although the most known usage for BB is Ball Bearing it is still widely used between the Blackberry community.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version