ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Web-Browser Review: Opera 10.00

(1/14) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Basic Info

App NameOperaApp URLwww.opera.comApp Version Reviewed10.00Test System SpecsTested on multiple systems from very old to top specSupported OSesMS, Apple, Mobile, ConsoleSupport MethodsOnline SupportUpgrade PolicyFree Automatic UpdatesTrial Version Available?Unlimited Free Version (No Trial Needed)Pricing SchemeFreeReviewer Donation LinkDonate to Stephen66515, the Review WriterRelationship btwn. Reviewer and Product Dedicated User

Intro:

Opera Web-Browser is, in my opinion, the best option for browsing websites.  With advanced security features, speed-dial function (first page can carry up to 20 links with automatically updated images of that page).

Easy to install widgets (Opera carry a huge list of free widgets for the user to download)

Easy to change themes

Voice recognition capable

Ability to store notes and connect to your e-mail client (basically an outlook style application)

Awesome RSS Reader

Options to Save, Manage, Import and Export your browsing sessions, so if you have a few tabs open that you usually use, you can set that to be the default session.

Option to restore previous session after unexpected crash or system reboot.

Much Much More...

Web-Browser Review: Opera 10.00

Who is this app designed for:

Any security conscious users, and also anybody looking for a fully featured web-broswer that is easy to navigate, easy to figure out and easy to use.

The Good

98% of the softwares features.

The needs improvement section

I have found a few facebook applications do not work on opera, and depending on 'Thirds Party Addons' you may not be able to play on some Online Bingo websites.  Asides from that, I find no other problems with Opera.

Opera Turbo, only works when IT wants to, and when it does, has a love for showing websites in a single line, no formatting and no images...basically, until they say they have 'updated' this in an upgrade, don't use this option!

Why I think you should use this product

Because I think you deserve the best!

How does it compare to similar apps

It does not compare to other browsers, because it has so many options and is so much better, I won't even put it in the same league as browsers like Internet Explorer

Score

99.5%

scancode:
No cons? What about user-made addons? >.>* scancode hugs fx

KynloStephen66515:
how is user-made add-ons a con? nobody makes you install them lol

scancode:
how is user-made add-ons a con? nobody makes you install them lol
-Stephen66515 (February 01, 2010, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
I was talking about the lack of them.

KynloStephen66515:
u CAN make addons for Opera... :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version