ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Web-Browser Review: Opera 10.00

<< < (7/14) > >>

hamradio:
Actually its both FF and FX as per...

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FF
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FX

:harhar:

KynloStephen66515:
Sign that I can read.
-Tuxman (February 03, 2010, 01:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fx is actually the least used acronym for Firefox as most people shorten them to the first letter of each word, now even though Firefox is, in its own right, a singular word, it is separated by the 2 known words, Fire and Fox, hence the more used term FF.

Either is good for me though, I recognize either :P

Josh:
I try opera for a solid 3 day period, after my initial trial back in 1998, with every new release (NOT BETA OR ALPHA, Just major releases). Yes, I am upset at the lack of 3rd party support, but I do try it just to see if it is something I can still work with. I am not against opera, mainly its devs thou, and I do wish I could use it as it seems to be fairly well designed. My issues with it are the developers ignore COMMON feature requests in the guise of security. They act like their decisions are better for the users than choice.

The other fact that I really do not like is no extensibility. This does not have to be in the form of extensions per se, but some sort of code to allow third party tie ins. Toolbars and other basics I do not consider extensions. Extensions are things I consider that add to the browser more than just a toolbar but some form of new functionality. Yes toolbars do this, but not in the same way as forecastfox adds to FF. Extensions or API systems are designed so that the userbase can extend the browser to meet their and others needs where the developers do not see fit. It can actually prove very useful as it would allow the developers to see just which extensions are the most popular and incorporate them in either their own code or by using the extension code directly. This was even demonstrated by opera with their addition of an ad block capability, which isn't very optimal in my opinion.

Anyways, enough for me.

Tuxman:
Fx is actually the least used acronym for Firefox as most people shorten them to the first letter of each word, now even though Firefox is, in its own right, a singular word, it is separated by the 2 known fords, Fire and Fox, hence the more used term FF.
-Stephen66515 (February 03, 2010, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
1. It's not FireFox.
2. FF is wrong.

Darwin:
Fx is actually the least used acronym for Firefox as most people shorten them to the first letter of each word, now even though Firefox is, in its own right, a singular word, it is separated by the 2 known fords, Fire and Fox, hence the more used term FF.
-Stephen66515 (February 03, 2010, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
1. It's not FireFox.
2. FF is wrong.
-Tuxman (February 03, 2010, 09:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Stephen acknowledged that it's not FireFox here even though Firefox is, in its own right, a singular word
--- End quote ---
and I have NEVER seen Fx used anywhere as an acronym for Firefox. Indeed, the one and only time I have ever seen it used is in this thread. So, right or wrong, FF is much more common in usage than Fx.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version