ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Faster boots combining hibernate and restart (Boot Snooze)

<< < (31/34) > >>

snark_be:
One more thing, as I mentioned above, I use the autologon function, does BootSnooze check whether this setting was previously enabled before it removes it's autologon entry? I wouldn't like to re-enable autologon every time I BootSnooze.-Lachlan (March 30, 2010, 06:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
My understanding is that, if you don't check "enable auto-login", BootSnooze does not interfere with the existing settings.

skwire:
Wouldn't it be easier to simply set the option to ask for a password when the PC comes out of standby (or hibernation)?
It's an inbuilt Windows function in the screensaver tab:-Lachlan (March 30, 2010, 06:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

BootSnooze can't do its work, which is waiting for your startup apps to start and THEN hibernating/standby-ing, until you're logged in.  Therefore, it needs auto-login enabled.  It's up to you whether you enable it temporarily via BootSnooze or simply turn it on for your computer permanently.

This way BootSnooze would stay completely out of the realm of passwords and therefore make a lot more people comfortable with using it.  (I don't like the thought of entering my logon details into a third-party program)-Lachlan (March 30, 2010, 06:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Understood.  This is why I was very hesitant to add it in there in the first place.

One more thing, as I mentioned above, I use the autologon function, does BootSnooze check whether this setting was previously enabled before it removes it's autologon entry? I wouldn't like to re-enable autologon every time I BootSnooze.
-Lachlan (March 30, 2010, 06:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it does.  It will only disable auto-login if you enabled it within BootSnooze.  If you have auto-login enabled on your computer prior to starting BootSnooze, it won't even give you the option of using the auto-login feature.  Is that good enough (honest question...not trying to be a smartass)?  Thanks for the feedback.

mouser:
Boot Snooze features in CybernetNews today:

http://cybernetnews.com/restart-then-standby-hibernate/

I don’t reboot my computer that often because it can be a bit inconvenient, and sometimes I go weeks without having restarted it. My reasoning is typically that I have too many apps open and don’t feel like restarting them all, but other times it’s because I’m on the way out the door and just throw my machine in standby so that it is ready for me when I go to use it again. There is a slick little app called Boot Snooze that looks to make it a bit more reasonable to restart your machine from time-to-time.
--- End quote ---

skwire:
Thanks, mouser.  Really cool.   :)

major4579:
Great program - I use it all the time and wanted to say thanks!

Also I have a request, here's the commandline I use to run BootSnooze:

BootSnooze.exe mode=reboot method=hibernate bdelay=0 adelay=5

What I would like is to do my own reboot and have BootSnooze finish the process when the computer restarts. So what  would be entered in the RunOnce registry entry for the above commandline?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Marc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version