ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

HTML...In Britsh?

<< < (5/8) > >>

Tuxman:
You mean keyword in German? Ugly ugly ugly. What happens when you try to use one of those macros in a non-German locale?-f0dder (January 31, 2010, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Never tried, but it was funny. ENDEWENN instead of ENDIF and such...  ;D

Code is not a language you communicate in, right?-Tuxman (January 31, 2010, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
It sure is - identifiers and comments.
-f0dder (January 31, 2010, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't mean that.  :D

Deozaan:
Anybody else want to be able to code HTML in BRITISH?

I'm now bored of having to mis-spell words like 'colour' <---- even as i type, my browser is telling me i have mis-spelled that-Stephen66515 (January 29, 2010, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

<sarcastic ethnocentrism>

Oh but you have misspelled "color." You've got an extra "u" in there! You just need to learn how to spell English words the correct way and all your HTML problems will vanish like magic!

</sarcastic ethnocentrism>

Actually when I was in my first few years of grade school, I thought I was so smart and as a result on my spelling tests I'd add an extra "u" in words as is appropriate for British spelling. Naturally the teacher marked them wrong but when I protested she gave me full credit.

I guess I was kind of a smart aleck. (Maybe I still am...) :o

KynloStephen66515:
haha, but at the end of the day, you was correct, the American language should be exactly the same as the British one...I understand that accents would change the pronunciation of some words, but this does not require a total disregard of letters in certain words (Aluminium)!

Tuxman:
Yep, so the Americans with their bubblegum accent should go back to British English. No-one forced them to split.

KynloStephen66515:
Yep, so the Americans with their bubblegum accent should go back to British English. No-one forced them to split.
-Tuxman (February 03, 2010, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

tbh, i couldn't care less how they pronounce the word, or what their accent sounds like, as long as the spelling is correct!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version