ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

HTML...In Britsh?

(1/8) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Anybody else want to be able to code HTML in BRITISH?

I'm now bored of having to mis-spell words like 'colour' <---- even as i type, my browser is telling me i have mis-spelled that

I could go on and on about it, but I'm not going to.

Just a simple rant I know, and if it seems like it should be in a different area, then please feel free to move/delete it!

Curious if there is anybody else who wants this also!

f0dder:
Anybody else want to be able to code HTML in BRITISH?-Stephen66515 (January 29, 2010, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not really, no - it would be messy if the standard supported both spellings. What would you expect to happen if a tag specified both "color" and "colour"? As long as it's consistent, either way is fine... but supporting both or mixing? Ugh.

KynloStephen66515:
I see your thinking, I just prefer to code in my native tongue and not, what is essentially a foreign language...

I'm just glad that there are no tags that require me to type 'Aluminium'

app103:
Just be glad you are not Japanese or something. At least the English you code in resembles your native language, somewhat.

Or if HTML was created in Japanese and not English. Then you'd really be confused by having to type "色" instead of "color".

KynloStephen66515:
haha true enough, you get what I mean though when I say I'd like to code in my own language, but until that day, I shall count my blessings that HTML was not invented by someone from Japan, China or any other eastern country.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version