ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

One Circle Dock download for every second so far!

<< < (3/11) > >>

mouser:
There is no doubt that circledock is EXTREMELY popular... and growing more so.
Furthermore gothic and i seemed to have confirmed that the bandwidth numbers are real.. peaking at 63GB of circledock downloads YESTERDAY ALONE.

One Circle Dock download for every second so far!

The remaining issue however, is that there seems to be an enormous amount of PARTIAL CONTENT download errors.. and a chunk of that large bandwidth may come from the server failing during serving downloads, causing a kind of cascade of re-downloads, etc.

Of course this only happens if there is huge demand for the files on the server so there is no question about the large spike in # of downloads.. the only question now is really whether those numbers are a true reflection of downloads, or are somewhat inflated by failed downloads by a server struggling and somewhat failing to keep up with demand.

I mean 63gb in one day is pretty much an insane amount of downloads -- just not in the realm of what i would expect regardless of how much attention it got.  As nice as it would be if this stat was real.. it just doesn't seem possible to me...

No matter how you look at it, it's a testament to what you guys have done with CircleDock -- people can see it being actively improved and supported and are reacting positively to it.

mouser:
Just as a comparison, the entire main DC site does about 25gb a day on a regular daily basis, and that includes the entire forum, all of the dc software, skrommels software, etc.

Markham:
That's roughly 7,800 downloads!

As for partial downloads, I believe Awstats only records completed downloads but even if it doesn't, we can easily spot this from the main information screen.

The busiest time yesterday appears to have been between 16.00 and 20.00, but I'm not sure if that's GMT or not.

Mark

sgtevmckay:
either way I gotta tell ya: I am so excited, and I need good news now....It just made my day  ;D

Markham:
You're seeing information that I can't see  >:(. I'm only seeing information from 16.15 on January 28.

Mark
There is no doubt that circledock is EXTREMELY popular... and growing more so.
Furthermore gothic and i seemed to have confirmed that the bandwidth numbers are real.. peaking at 63GB of circledock downloads YESTERDAY ALONE.
 (see attachment in previous post)
The remaining issue however, is that there seems to be an enormous amount of PARTIAL CONTENT download errors.. and a chunk of that large bandwidth may come from the server failing during serving downloads, causing a kind of cascade of re-downloads, etc.

Of course this only happens if there is huge demand for the files on the server so there is no question about the large spike in # of downloads.. the only question now is really whether those numbers are a true reflection of downloads, or are somewhat inflated by failed downloads by a server struggling and somewhat failing to keep up with demand.

I mean 63gb in one day is pretty much an insane amount of downloads -- just not in the realm of what i would expect regardless of how much attention it got.  As nice as it would be if this stat was real.. it just doesn't seem possible to me...

No matter how you look at it, it's a testament to what you guys have done with CircleDock -- people can see it being actively improved and supported and are reacting positively to it.
-mouser (January 28, 2010, 11:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version