ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

One Circle Dock download for every second so far!

<< < (2/11) > >>

sgtevmckay:
I am of somewhat mixed feelings regarding this.

I have been running a push...I am up to 30+ sites now and am looking to have placed to other sites (will discuss needed stuff with Markham Later)
The LifeHacker is a huge push, but I would not have expected more that 50,000 to 55,000 dl's from this.
Most of these other sites are smaller sites, and I am gauging response. Before the big push  :huh:

Mouser did say at one time that CD was only second to F.A.R.R.
And I have yet to start the big push to DevArt, as I have been attempting to stem a flow that I know will come to the forums.

I am making a simple comparison here, and although there is a larger call for Docks/Launchers than Desktop System Monitoring tools.
It still took Rainmeter 5+ Months before we broke our first 1,000,000 download

The numbers may be correct taking in that time line, but that just scares the devil out of me.

Google Code site makes this easy to track (with third party DL site exceptions), so I am do not know exactly how to feel.

I will reserve judgment......
I do not know if I can take any kind of credit for that type of return  :-[
The one thing I know for sure....I am getting some of the damnedest comments so I know the interest in CD is active once again.

On a final Note.....Rainmeter is downloaded in several Asian countries and central arid countries more than anywhere else.
So atleast that correlates  :Thmbsup:

Markham:
Congrats Mark! Loving CD so far...

226,720 is indeed a massive number for downloads during such a short period, but have you taken into consideration that download managers these days open multiple processes for a single file so 8 or more "downloads" may actually be from one user?
-lotusrootstarch (January 28, 2010, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Judging from the thus-far limited stats that are broken down, download managers accounted for just 1  download (that's in the 3 or so minute window between the tool starting and me accessing the stats late last night). The most popular download "tool" was Internet Explorer, followed by Firefox and then Google Chrome. Curiously there was even a download to a Linux box! The metrics tool is smart enough to recongnise download managers.

When the metrics tool initiated yesterday provides some more meaningful data, I'll post a message with the results.

Mark

Markham:
cricledock is insanely popular.. but i have lingering feeling something might be wrong with the stats -- i've asked gothic to look into it.. im not sure just seems a little high, even for such a wonderful tool.  maybe there is a way we can test by putting a copy of the file on another server like sourceforge and redirecting for a few days and comparing counts?
-mouser (January 28, 2010, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've just spent the last six hours scanning through the raw data for the first 27.5 days - all 5,798 pages of it - and there quite a lot of duplicate IP Addresses but only until the end of November. So the data appears kosher to me. The nice thing about Awstats is that the referring web site is recorded and for that four minute window I mentioned in an earlier reply, all the referrals came from sites in non-English speaking countries and from pages that feature Circle Dock.

Before we condemn the log, I think we should wait until the end of February by which time Awstats will have been running for a month and we'll get a clearer indication as to the validity of the previous log file.

Let's not burst the bubble and enjoy our success!

Mark

lotusrootstarch:
Awesome!  ;D

Markham:
The LifeHacker is a huge push, but I would not have expected more that 50,000 to 55,000 dl's from this. -sgtevmckay (January 28, 2010, 08:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
Unfortunately Awstats wasn't running when that article appeared and the old log file doesn't contain any detail other than IP Address and activity (ie a download, view a web page, etc.) so I really can't say what effect that article had.

Mouser did say at one time that CD was only second to F.A.R.R.
--- End quote ---
Have we topped it, I wonder :).

And I have yet to start the big push to DevArt, as I have been attempting to stem a flow that I know will come to the forums.
--- End quote ---
Judging from the lack of activity on this forum, given the download count, I wouldn't worry too about that -- which is a good thing as it means you can concentrate on the marketing! :)

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version