ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Yea, I won't be getting an iPad anytime soon

<< < (8/14) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
lmfao, there is a huge review in the UK newspaper 'The Sun' about the iPad, written by "Richard Bacon" the headline says "I Predict 'appy' ending for iPad"

A few quotes from the column which I will try fully type up for y'all later:

People don't like the name because it sounds like sanitary protection (some people are too silly)

--- End quote ---

Its hot sex

--- End quote ---

More to come when I have a free minute :)

JavaJones:
A more positive (and ominous) philosophical view:
http://stevenf.tumblr.com/post/359224392/i-need-to-talk-to-you-about-computers-ive-been
-mouser (January 29, 2010, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh please. Apple continues to occupy a relatively small minority of every market it occupies *except* media distribution (iTunes). How can this guy take that and extrapolate that the world is going the Apple way, like it or not? Apple doesn't serve the 80% of the 80/20 rule because it's ultimately better for everyone, they do it because it's more profitable for them. Meanwhile every company selling scads more devices than they are is doing it differently in almost every way, allowing multi-tasking, having open app ecosystems, and on and on. Sure, the "Apple Experience" is potentially better in some respects, but one has to wonder why, if the closed system offers the benefits the author proposes, everyone is still opting for something other than an Apple device. Is it solely price? I don't think so. Not with $99 iPhones. But maybe in that case it's the carrier lock-in? It's just symptomatic of Apple's whole philosophy, so don't expect that to fundamentally change things when the AT&T exclusivity ends...

iPad  :down:

- Oshyan

Ehtyar:
I've been a little out of touch lately, lots going on. Here is my condensed response:

TouchBook looks awesome.
Love the Hitler response.
Cool al3x article.
ROFL @ Ackbar!
If you're sick to frackin' death of hearing about frackin' Apple, try reading this.

Ehtyar.

mouser:
More satire from The Onion:
http://www.theonion.com/content/infograph/apple_finally_unveils_ipad

Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveiled Apple's new tablet computer, the iPad, during a presentation in San Francisco last week. Here are some of its features:

*     * Awkward name enables Twitter users to make the same joke over and over and over again
*     * Super slick design makes it impossible to hold, pick up, or stop from sliding down the street
*     * Softly whimpers if left alone for too long
*     * Maureen Dowd New York Times column generator
*     * Photo album of the Jobs family summer vacation in Aruba
*     * Free pair of black-rimmed glasses, turtleneck, and position at New York City architecture firm
*     * Can withstand breezes up to 3 mph
*     * To ensure that its users receive the constant public attention they crave, the iPad will emit the phrase "Hey, does that guy have an iPad?" every eight minutes
--- End quote ---

zridling:
And Google's response to iPad using the Chrome OS. Looks interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version