ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Best trackball?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Deozaan:
I'm with Ehtyar. I love the Logitech Trackman Wheel. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to come in Left-Handed versions.

My 5 minutes of research leads me to the conclusion that people seem to love the Logitech Trackman Marble. But you say you have one already and need something better. So I'm afraid I'm of no help to this particular line of inquiry.

tomos:
Yeah, it's a bummer the trackman doesnt come for left handers - it's the best design I've found so far for your wrist/arm/shoulder.
Your wrist is at it's natural angle, plus the arm doesnt have to move. But it's not that great for accurate work I've found.

Re the one you're looking at, I wonder if it might actually be a strain to use - it looks like you're meant to move the ball with your fingers (although you could possibly rest your hand on the table beside the mouse and use your thumb, which would be less stressful for the hand & wrist).

Would you be interested in this 'vertical mouse' ? https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=14541.0
Pros:
~ very good position for wrist
Cons:
~ not good to use if you have any shoulder problems (cause with the wrist in it's 'proper' position, the mouse has to be moved from the shoulder)
~ again, not so accurate

kartal:
Tomos, I actually bought one of those vertical mice stuff but I sent it back because handling was not well suited for me. I mean it worked ok but once in a while I needed to hold it up and move it back to put at a comfortable position on the mouse pad, and that was not very comfortable for me. Although this one is from another company so the result might be different

epopuI:
I have used a Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball for over 5 years now and really love it - the new version is even sleeker than mine - it, IMHO, is a well made product and stands up to my heavy left handed use very well. 

jaden:
The best left-handed trackball I know of is the Marble Mouse.  When mine died I tried a Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball to replace it, but it was pricey and didn't work as well as I'd hoped.  I returned it and got a Trackman wheel because I wanted a scroll wheel.

Even though I'm left handed, I was able to adjust to a right-handed trackball without too much difficulty.  You may want to try switching.  It gives you a lot more options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version