ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Generic Card/Board Game Prototyping and Playtesting Tools

<< < (4/6) > >>

kyrathaba:
I took a look at all the links you posted, Mouser.  I've no doubt you could blow the existing options away.  I'm on board if you need a playtester down the road.

Huggybaby:
I look forward to my DonationCoder newsletter, and it was interestig finding this topic this month. (Thanks for linking to our forum BTW).

A big part of our forum that you didn't link to regards programs with Artificial Intelligence or Rules Enforcement: http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

Programming rules for a game like MTG makes programming a Chess game look like a warmup exercise, but don't tell that to the Deep Blue team.

I, like you, wish there were a program that made implementing board games and simple card games easier. I haven't found one I'm satisfied with yet though.

Vassal is one I've looked at a few times but something about it made it seem a little difficult, or maybe I'm just too lazy.

Deozaan:
I just found this article about Cernegie Mellon students who have programmed D&D on Microsoft's Surface:

I just returned from the Microsoft campus (well, I stopped for a panini), where students from Carnegie Mellon University are showing off their awesome project, a version of D&D that runs on the Surface. Now, before you start rolling your eyes, just recognize that this isn’t just a holy grail for tabletop gaming nerds. I mean, it’s that too, but really it’s a proof of concept that shows how fun and intuitive something like this can be, and how accessible a team can make it. I honestly think that if they had these things scattered around like Golden Tee cabinets, they’d get a huge following.-http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/02/10/hands-on-dd-on-the-microsoft-surface/
--- End quote ---
Generic Card/Board Game Prototyping and Playtesting Tools

Even though D&D isn't exactly a board game, I figured it was relevant to this topic.

(cool. is this the first embedded youtube video on DC? every other youtube clip was just a link.)
-nudone (January 27, 2010, 04:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. The screencasts for NANY 2010 were all embedded. That's how I learned how to do it. I just looked at the source of my NANY entry.

EDIT: Added image and quote.
EDIT 2: Added links back into quoted section.

anne19:
Nice ideas, did you ever get round to doing any of these?

I look forward to my DonationCoder newsletter, and it was interestig finding this topic this month. (Thanks for linking to our forum BTW).

A big part of our forum that you didn't link to regards programs with Artificial Intelligence or Rules Enforcement: http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

Programming rules for a game like MTG makes programming a Chess game look like a warmup exercise, but don't tell that to the Deep Blue team. klonopin side effects
I, like you, wish there were a program that made implementing board games and simple card games easier. I haven't found one I'm satisfied with yet though.

Vassal is one I've looked at a few times but something about it made it seem a little difficult, or maybe I'm just too lazy.
-Huggybaby (February 11, 2010, 10:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

kyrathaba:
Nice ideas, did you ever get round to doing any of these?
--- End quote ---

Mouser's gonna release such a tool as his NANY 2012 app, and I'm gonna help write the Help file.  Right, mouser?  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version