ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

post-screenshot editor, torn edge in between, and highlight lines

<< < (3/3)

wraith808:
Understood, but I guess I was just thinking of your plugin model where all the post-processing could be moved to the plugin, and this added.  I know, I didn't say that, but I am amazed you can't read everyone's mind  :D
-steeladept (January 27, 2010, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ooh... screenshot captor would be sooo much better then!  I love software I can extend! :)

mouser:
Screenshot Captor already has a good system for adding commandline tools which can modify files and SC will pick up on any saved modifications.
I gone this route rather than plugins mainly because there doesnt seem to be too much more a plugin would do.

wraith808:
While cool that you have that, the reason that I as a developer like plug-in systems rather than the ability to add tools is the fact that I don't have to develop a whole framework around the function that I want to add.

electronixtar:
it wouldn't be hard to add, however Tuxman's comment reflects something i've been thinking myself.. which is that i can't help but wonder if it's a wise course to keep trying to add more and more image processing features to a screenshot tool as custom code, or whether it wouldn't be smarter to focus on improving the interfacing with other external (commandline) tools.. SC already is designed for this but i could improve it, by passing info about current selection and multiple files.

-mouser (January 27, 2010, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Please add some plugin / commandline support for this kind of task :)

I sincerely hope SC is the first of its kind to provide a organic screen capture engine

I requested it before:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17445
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=16700

Some other idea to share with everyone:

* Layered screenshot for standard Windows desktop, even layered for each control

*generate 3D screenshots for standard Win32 controls:

* generate SVG screenshot for a window, with text actually copy-pastable (content aware & accessbility advantages), and the color of each control is defined by the system theme color from CSS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version