ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

post-screenshot editor, torn edge in between, and highlight lines

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
Any toolkit can get this job done?
--- End quote ---

i'd like to know that too.. it would actually be a useful feature.. splitting out some middle portion of an image with ragged edge between the sides.

steeladept:
Mouser, would this be a difficult effect to add to ScreenshotCaptor?  I mean you would make the capture, highlight the area to "cut", and replace it with an image of the torn edges, right?  I don't know what all would be involved, but it seems fairly straightforward to me.  SC does everything else already, so this would just be an edit effect it would add to it's repertoire, right?

mouser:
it wouldn't be hard to add, however Tuxman's comment reflects something i've been thinking myself.. which is that i can't help but wonder if it's a wise course to keep trying to add more and more image processing features to a screenshot tool as custom code, or whether it wouldn't be smarter to focus on improving the interfacing with other external (commandline) tools.. SC already is designed for this but i could improve it, by passing info about current selection and multiple files.

steeladept:
it wouldn't be hard to add, however Tuxman's comment reflects something i've been thinking myself.. which is that i can't help but wonder if it's a wise course to keep trying to add more and more image processing features to a screenshot tool as custom code, or whether it wouldn't be smarter to focus on improving the interfacing with other external (commandline) tools.. SC already is designed for this but i could improve it, by passing info about current selection and multiple files.
-mouser (January 27, 2010, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Understood, but I guess I was just thinking of your plugin model where all the post-processing could be moved to the plugin, and this added.  I know, I didn't say that, but I am amazed you can't read everyone's mind  :D

parkint:
I use screen capture a lot and have experimented with many.
SnagIt has an impressive number of features (including what you are asking) and a reasonable cost.
Of course, it is ONLY for Windows  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version