ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Start CircleDock via Desktop Context Menu?

<< < (2/2)

Markham:
Possibly Fast Explorer in conjunction with Auto HotKey would work. However Fast Explorer on its own won't work. It's one thing to get Explorer to open a file, or folder, and quite another to have it generate mouse clicks or keystrokes; the former is possible, the latter isn't.

Mark

dkazaz:
That's a real pity. :( I was hoping whatever works for ATI's catalyst control center could work for circle dock (CCC is also an always running application that adds a desktop context menu entry allowing you to bring up it's configuration panel), but I'm not a programmer so I have no way of knowing if that's even vaguely similar to hos circle dock works. I assume its not.

Markham:
No, I'm afraid it is not at all the same. In your case, an external program is being summoned by the menu.

I don't know if this will be of interest to you but the next release will allow you to specify modifier keys for the mouse button visibility setting. See this entry for more information.

Mark

sgtevmckay:
Mark:

How difficult would it be to add command line arguments/instruction; Similar to Foobar and Winamp???

Example:
Address
Command
C:/Circledock.exe/ Toggle Appearance

There are entire lists of items in Foobar and Winamp that can be activated in this manner.
I am unaware of the programming issues, but this may also make for an alternative...

I could come up with a list of goodies I would like to see, but unaware of the entire scope!
BUT....In conjunction with Autohotkey and other scripting tools, it would then make Various access interface a lot more accessible.
Also: Combined with third party tools (ie: Fast Explorer) a context menu shortcut could then be created with easy.

Markham:
Mark:

How difficult would it be to add command line arguments/instruction; Similar to Foobar and Winamp???

Example:
Address
Command
C:/Circledock.exe/ Toggle Appearance-sgtevmckay (January 25, 2010, 11:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
If Circle Dock is loaded but hidden and then restarted from the command line, the hidden instance is re-activated - though you will get a warning dialog regarding multiple instances. I guess it could have a command line parameter that effectively does not show the warning dialog but still activate the hidden instance. Why not suggest it to the Developer by posting on the tracker site?!

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version