ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Start CircleDock via Desktop Context Menu?

(1/2) > >>

dkazaz:
Hi, I just started using Circle Dock and find it incredibly useful!

I have just one problem but it's a big one (for me).

I am primarily a mouse user i.e. I'm not used to keyboard shortcuts and only touch the keyboard when I type.

I would really like to start Circle Dock by mouse clicking anywhere on the desktop. My microsoft wheel mouse has a pretty inconvenient middle mouse button built into the wheel and in nay case there's something else assigned to it.

I'd love to be able to right click the desktop and have Circle Dock as an option on the context menu (ideally the first one).

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

sgtevmckay:
Greetings dkazaz
Welcome to DonationCoder.com and Circle Dock's little portion.  :)

I have submitted as Feature #65
It can be tracked here:
http://redmine.dcmembers.com/issues/65

I note that this functionality will be limited, as the context menu (say in Firefox) is different from Windows and so forth, so teh functinality would not be available all the time.
I would let Markham confirm this, but it just makes sense at first glance  :-[

Let us know if you have any more great concepts  :Thmbsup:

sgtevmckay:
Greetings sir.

Unfortunately this concept was rejected

Quote from Markham:
Whilst this may seem a neat feature, it isn't going to happen, for technical reasons: you can not get an external program, such as "Explorer" (which controls the Desktop") to toggle the visibility (or any other setting) of a running application.
--- End quote ---

Full information here:
http://redmine.dcmembers.com/issues/65

That being said.
There is still options for keyboard hotkey usage.

If you have any questions, please let me know  ;)

Dormouse:
For anyone who is primarily a mouse user, I'd've thought the best (though not the cheapest) solution would be a better mouse.
One of the buttons on mine is set up just for Circle Dock (though I actually do it by triggering a keyboard shortcut rather than directly).

Target:
Fast Explorer may also be a useful option

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version