ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why Macs Suck

<< < (6/11) > >>

jgpaiva:
Thanks mouser, that's a great article, for long time, i've wondered about that apple's one-button-mouse thing. And through that article, i even came to the conclusion that their atitude actually makes some sense! :D
I sure am not in the assistance, but i've helped my sister and my cousins through the telefone or im and have had similar problems with transmiting my idea to them.
But although it makes sense in the desktop, there's one thing that doesn't add up in that line of thinking:
How about the notebooks? You can't change it's touchpad unless you have an external mice, so, even if you're an experienced user, you still can't have access to the other options (at least, not with the ease you have in windows or linux)

mouser:
i am a right mouse click fanatic - i think the idea of having context sensitive options show up when you right click on something is the best thing since sliced bread.  i also consider the scroll wheel essential now.

another note: for those of you using mice without a side back+forward button, time to upgrade! it makes a huge difference when surfing - highly recommended.

Edvard:
Mouser: I am also a fan of right-clicks. I had no idea they existed until two years into Win95. You woulda thought I found a map to the Holy Grail that pointed to my basement. Ditto on the mousewheel. I wish there were a trackball that had 'em.

@f0dderGUI: cocoa/nextstep
--- End quote ---
Aha! please forgive; I had forgotten Apple's acquisition of NeXT.

@jgpaiva: My answer was perhaps a little too short. Please forgive, that's the only thing that popped in my head as that's the only thing besides Kernel Panic that has locked up or killed my system anytime I was on Linux or BSD. From what other people have said, whatever it is that does happen is not at all helpful. (as if BSOD was...)

Ooh, hey, take a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_panic
MacOSX Dark Screen Of Death?

f0dder:
From what other people have said, whatever it is that does happen is not at all helpful. (as if BSOD was...)

--- End quote ---
It *IS* helpful to driver developers :)

Edvard:
Well, Ok, I'll give you that one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version