ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

djvu files?

<< < (2/2)

siouxdax:
Thanks a million, folks. I'm trying out WinDJView first...

lanux128:
djvu files can also be viewed in IrfanView but you have to install an additional plugin.

ewemoa:
I tried viewing djvu files with IrfanView and that's worked in my limited testing -- but I find myself pressing the space bar to try to view the next page (some how the brain hasn't rewired to work with Control + PageUp / PageDown just yet).  This, understandably, leads to the "display next file in the current directory" behavior, which makes sense, but... :(  The last viewed page doesn't appear to be remembered (at least not AFAICT) either...

I've reverted to trying WinDjView and djview -- not quite sure which I prefer just yet.

Curt:
Why are you starting with the alternatives? I would have thought the natural thing was to start with any official thingy???

Lizardtech Official DjVu Browser Plug-in (Free - Win/Mac)
--- End quote ---

ewemoa:
Thanks for the suggestion.  I downloaded the plug-in and tried it out a bit.  I didn't realize that the package comes w/ DjVuViewer.exe, an executable that can be used without a web browser -- I had the opposite impression when looking at the name "Lizardtech Official DjVu Browser Plug-in" and the system requirements (IE 5 or later, Mozilla 1.0 or later-based browser).

Unfortunately, the plug-in doesn't appear to be as portable as I like (e.g. it appears to modify file associations w/o asking) and I didn't succeed in getting DjVuViewer.exe to view a djvu file when I passed the name of a djvu file to it on the command line, so ATM I think I'll be continuing to evaluate other options.

(FWIW, I didn't start w/ IrfanView -- my initial testing was w/ WinDjView and djview (in DjVuLibre).  Being able to comfortably use IrfanView might have been nice as that'd be one less thing to look after ("system administration"-wise).  Perhaps this will be some additional incentive for my brain to rewire ;) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version