ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Req: (Autohotkey script ): auto unzip zip files in a folder recursively ?

<< < (2/5) > >>

skwire:
Give this a try (source/binary included): Download

DONE: Req: (Autohotkey script ): auto unzip zip files in a folder recursively ?

1) Unpack that to a folder and run RecurUnZip.exe (or RecurUnZip.ahk if you have AutoHotkey installed).
2) Select a source and destination folder.
3) Click the "Unpack files" button.

Let me know how it works for you.  Thanks.

jity2:
Good morning skwire,

Many thanks for your fast answers and help. ;)

I did some tests under Vista. Alas they were not all successful, I keep getting the following error : "The following files had problems extracting:".

By luck could you also add such options :
- if unzip successful, delete the zip file
- if errors, it does not display the list of the kind of errors the program has met (example: in zip file try01.zip, the files glop001.html and gyeop.htm are in error)!
- I don't know if this could help but I had the following options set up in unziplify (see image )

I am not sure, but I assume that if the last folder (which contains a zip file) has a space in its name, it is causing an error (it also could be some accents "e" instead of "é" or some several "." or other special ";"... in a file name inside a zip file).
Maybe some bugs might be due to the file IZARCE.exe ? I know that previously there were some errors with other zip command line programs (ex: Powerarchiver see https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=4657.0), but not in Winrar command line...

Example: I used spinzip (great program !) to create 10Mb zip files (with compression = 5) in folder "1 OT1", it worked without errors and created 17 zip files. ;)
Then I used "RecurUnZip.ahk" and asked to unpack files in the same folder and got errors (see image "iz" below. All the subfolders have been created but they are empty)

I am doing to test also in xp and let you know if I have the same problems.
Many thanks in advance ;)

skwire:
I did some tests under Vista. Alas they were not all successful, I keep getting the following error : "The following files had problems extracting:".-jity2 (January 20, 2010, 01:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...was it not listing the zip files it had problems with?  Did it unzip anything successfully?

Example: I used spinzip (great program !) to create 10Mb zip files (with compression = 5) in folder "1 OT1", it worked without errors and created 17 zip files. ;)
Then I used "RecurUnZip.ahk" and asked to unpack files in the same folder and got errors (see image "iz" below. All the subfolders have been created but they are empty)-jity2 (January 20, 2010, 01:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is odd.  I just did the same test with SpinZip and RecurUnZip...and both worked perfectly.

jity2:
Hello skwire,

Thank you for your fast answer. I appreciated. ;)

Here are more tests under Vista (C:\ is formated in NTFS). I hope this help. ;)

Example 01:
If I use 7-zip.exe

Folder to be zipped:
C:\Users\jity1234\Desktop\1234567\0 1234567 dec09\1 OT1\
result
C:\Users\jity1234\Desktop\1234567\0 1234567 dec09\1 OT1\1 OT1.zip

zipping is ok and has no error.

if I unzip 1 OT1.zip in the folder
C:\Users\jity1234\Desktop\1234567\0 1234567 dec09\1 OT1\super01\
Result
C:\Users\jity1234\Desktop\1234567\0 1234567 dec09\1 OT1\1 OT1\then_the_files_unzipped_here

unzipping is ok and has no error.

Example 02:
If I use SpinZip for zipping = no errors.
But with RecurUnZip, errors displayed

Example 03:
Same than with example 01, but with winrar zipping in .zip
No error in zipping
but, errors in unzipping :
---
!   C:\Users\jity1234\Desktop\1234567\0 1234567 dec09\1 OT1\1 OT1.zip: Cannot create 1 OT1\efl_infoEF38706-des-le-premier-1245-de-1234567-les-1234-123456-12345678es-subiront-12-1-de-12345678ents-en-2010_20091214_144224_files\1931275723x50TopTop2Top3x01Middle3Middle4Middle5LeftLeft1Bott.js
    Total path and file name length must not exceed 260 characters
!   Le chemin d'accès spécifié est introuvable. [means : The specified path was not found.]

...etc...
---
It seems normal as the file has 285 characters.

Example 04:
so I have some problems in my original not_zipped folder.
I have moved it to C:\essai\1 OT1\ with the freeware Supercopier2 ( http://supercopier.sfxteam.org/?q=node/type/download can detect errors in filenames apparently). The size in octet and number of folders and files are the same in both unzipped 1 OT1 folders.

If i use Winrar
Folder to be zipped (extract to : .zip everything else are the default options):
C:\essai\1 OT1\
result
C:\essai\1 OT1\1 OT1.zip
ok with no errors

if I copy and unzip 1 OT1.zip in the folder
C:\essa2\1 OT1.zip
Result
C:\essa2\1 OT1\1 OT1\then_there_all_the_files

Please notice the second same folder.

The size in octets and the files number is the same, but there is one more folder (the second "1 OT1").
If I check the properties directly inside C:\essa2\1 OT1\, the properties are exactly the same.
So the work has been done properly. ;)

But when I delete manually the unzipped folder (1 OT1), I have a Windows error message:
"It is not possible to put some elements which have a too long name in the bin, do you want to delete the folder permanently ?"
I choose yes and I see the green bar becoming red during 2 seconds then it finish the job in green properly.
I don't think that this problem is really important !
If I test the folder C:\essai\1 OT1\ with LongFile.exe (freeware http://www.dcsoft.com/products/longff/longff.htm )
I have diplayed the files that have more than 100 characters (please see the image :

).

Even if I add the 15 characters of "C:\essai\1 OT1\" , I still have to understand why I have the windows long file name error. Anyway, thanks in advance if anyone knows why. ;)

Example 05:
same beginning than example 1 but I copy and unzip the zipped file in the folder C:\essa2\  with winrar
I have the same ok result than in example 4.

So, I am a little confused right now. Maybe before zipping I should process some kind of test ?? :
check if files inside folders have more than 100 (better than 260 characters limit as folder is not included in the test I assume), if yes rename automatically to 50 characters ?
As I save a lot of html pages, the renaming should rename both the htm (or html) file and its related folder, so I could be able to open such kind of files properly in the future. ;)
Then, finally doing the zipping. ;)

Many thanks in advance ;)

skwire:
I appreciate all of the testing you've done.  Based off of what I see, would you like me to switch to the 7-zip.exe?  It seems that one gave you the fewest problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version