ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable prog

<< < (3/4) > >>

f0dder:
FAR? I used to use that back in the DOS days, was a pretty nice app (but hey, I don't expect any less from the WinRAR guys :)). Weird that it adds itself to auto-start though, and even weirder that it does it in a buggy way.

Nice that it was an easy fix and it wasn't something malicious that tried to be sneaky.

kartal:
FAR is in active developement as far as I can tell. I definitely recommend it if you are into dualpane dos stuff.

Come to think of it, that particular implementation of Windows shell can be quite dangerous considering that it is also put deep in the registry, how would one figure it out if something fishy is going on or not if the shell does not producue any error really?

f0dder:
s/dos/console-mode :) - doesn't seem to be a DOS version of it anymore? (unlike RAR, which is available in both DOS and win{32,64}-console and a lot of other versions).

How did the integration happen, btw? Default on install, or some checkbox, or some obscure menu item, or a .reg file or something else you might've done manually but forgotten? It seems very wrong to do the integration by default, considering you don't always want file management when you launch a shell...

kartal:
That I do not remember. But my suspicion is that another program or a plugin might have set it up. I am using something called ConEmu that can embed FAR by default. That is my first suspicion

http://code.google.com/p/conemu-maximus5/

"ConEmu-Maximus5 is a Windows console emulator, which represents multiple consoles as one customizable GUI window with various features. Basic application - joint use with FAR manager. "

f0dder:
How does ConEmu compare to console? (guess I should just download ConEmu myself and have a go :P)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version