ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for n-up photo printing?

(1/3) > >>

rjbull:
I want to print some digital photos "n-up," but the sizes pre-set in Windows don't fit what I need.  Please can anyone recommend something that offers a greater range of options, and is, preferably, free?  The first one I found was ACD Systems' FotoSlate 4 Photo Print Studio, which isn't free, but at least it's cheap.

TIA...

cranioscopical:
Picassa 3 has 5x8, 9x13, 10x15, 13x18, 20x25 cm and full-page options on its print layout menu, FWIW.

rjbull:
I *think* Picasa offers the same options as Windows itself does, give or take inch to centimetre conversions.  I was hoping to be able to say, print 12 or 15 to a page, and have the program work out the best fit.  By contrast, here's part of the claims for Fotoslate (which I haven't tried yet):

Turn photos into contact sheets, wallet sized prints for sharing or 5 x 7 images in no time. You can also save printing time by customizing pages exactly to your specifications and then saving them to re-use again and again.

--- End quote ---

mouser:
my cheap canon inkjet printer came with a delightful free program (Easy-photoprint) for printing photos in various n-up configurations on different sized paper, etc.

rjbull:
my cheap canon inkjet printer came with a delightful free program (Easy-photoprint) for printing photos in various n-up configurations on different sized paper, etc.-mouser (January 18, 2010, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

And I have a large package that should contain a cheap Canon multifunction that I haven't opened yet   :-[  It's my week for embarrassment  :(

I'd have liked something not tied to a particular printer manufacturer, if only to avoid license issues.  But I really should check whether that program is included  <sigh>

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I should add, I was intending to do the printing at the local college (it's for an evening class), but do it by printing to PDF at home and taking the PDFs to college on a USB stick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version