ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for n-up photo printing?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Target:
not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but for something like a contact sheet most image viewers will probably fit the bill (I know Faststone and XNView do, so others no doubt do also).

Most times you set the number of rows and columns, and the app autofits the images accordingly and outputs the result as a new file...

rjbull:
Most times you set the number of rows and columns, and the app autofits the images accordingly and outputs the result as a new file...
-Target (January 18, 2010, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Go to the top of the class, that man!   :Thmbsup:  Look for a small DC credit...  You're right, it works in IrfanView.   For some reason, if there's more than one page,  IV won't output PDFs as one file, it prints each one separately, but for my current purposes that's OK.  IV can save multiple pages as JPGs without user intervention, though.

For anyone wanting to know how:  IV, press "T" for thumbnails.  Mark the images you want.  Alt-F, go down to "Create contact sheet from selected files."  Look for "Image parameters."  Pick the number of rows and columns etc. you want, press "Create," up comes the Print Preview, and off you go.

Target:
you could also merge the resultant PDF's into a single document - not using IV, but it's not a big issue..

rjbull:
you could also merge the resultant PDF's into a single document - not using IV, but it's not a big issue..
-Target (January 18, 2010, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I have tools for that.  And it turns out that if you only want jpegs, it does that automatically.

tomos:
rj, if you do get around to opening that Canon Printer box at some stage :D, it's definitely worthwhile installing:

my cheap canon inkjet printer came with a delightful free program (Easy-photoprint) for printing photos in various n-up configurations on different sized paper, etc.
-mouser (January 18, 2010, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

it is limited to pre-set layouts, (1,2,4,9,20 etc.) but certainly very easy to use with a Canon printer and makes a very nice print (check settings of course, I go for highest quality & no optimisation, ymmv)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version