ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Questions about circle dock...

<< < (2/6) > >>

Archon of Fate:
I have windows 7

sgtevmckay:
You may not like what I am about to suggest, but it is the best I have at this time.
It is a copy of my current set up  ;)

I am running CD on Windows 7 64bit, and the following is how I got it to work all but flawlessly.
At the very least try it.

Create a new folder in your C: Drive.
I created a new folder for independent programs that do not require install (ie. Portable Applications software or Self Contained software...Linux folks will immediately understand)

I gave myself a new Program Files called; Program Files (Alternative)
File Address:
C:\Program Files (Alternative)

This assists is several areas, but most of all, it avoids the UAC catches from other closely monitored folders.
Circle Dock is already a stand alone program for the most part, so this is a good way to go....and if in the future you utilize, say Process Explorer, you have a place to put them and you know right where it is ;)

Uninstall the current version of Circle Dock and be sure to check your AppData files to be sure there is no remnants of the old install remaining:
C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData
The Appdata is typically a hidden file so you may need to "show hidden files" in Folder Options, or copy and paste the above address and change the red User Name to the name that you use on your system, or that you signed in with.
Also be sure to go back and delete any Circle Dock folders left in either the Program Files, or the Program Files (x86) if running Windows 7 64bit.

If you still have Circle Dock 1.0 downloaded then double click the Circle Dock Install, and then where it ask for the directory to install, search and install to the New Program Files (Alternative Directory you created earlier.)

Finish the setup process, and at the end of the process...you are asked, via check boxes, if you want to start Circle Dock and the Help file....UNCHECK both of these, and complete the install.

Once the install window Clears...you can then utilize the Start menu or the desktop shortcut, and start Circle Dock.
Start Circle Dock, before you open the help file!!!

This is the exact procedure that I utilized and it works like a champ.

Final Note:
If you are comfortable with Running the UAC on, as I am, but you have programs that write information back to the
Program file...Then the "Program Files (Alternative)" as an excellent place to install these programs, be they 32 or 64 bit...Just be aware that this folder will not be monitored by The UAC, so be careful what you install and run from this folder.
This concept also has proven to be a welcome addition to my Program Files line up.
I run Firefox portable, Thunderbird 3 portable, Process Explorer, Kompozer, ResHack, CPU-Z, GPU-Z, and sTabLauncher as stand alone installs to this folder...I had to create shortcuts after unzipping and installing, but hey...small price.
This is also where I installed Circle Dock and Zoom player 7 Max

I hope this helps
If not let us know and we will try something else  :Thmbsup:

Let me know  8)

Archon of Fate:
working perfectly so far.  :)
thanks

sgtevmckay:
 :Thmbsup:

Let us know if you have any further issues  8)

Archon of Fate:
ok thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version