ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Requests / Suggestions thread

<< < (13/22) > >>

Markham:
You want another way to close Circle Dock??!!

Archon of Fate:
it might sound silly but I use this program when I'm at college it really helps organize my files. the close option on the dock will make it faster to close than using the context menu for there is no auto close when you remove the flash drive. it will remain up running off of the system. I was thinking about it one day that it wound be faster to have some sort of auto close feature if the flash drive containing the directory is removed but that sounds too Cody ya know, so then it sounded better to have a close icon on the dock. I hope this made the situation sound better  :-[

Markham:
I'm afraid you'll have to "make do" with right-click, left-click on the centre button or background. Dock Items require a "target" to execute, either directly or by using the Windows Shell. They can not execute internal commands.

It's not a good idea to remove a flash drive without stopping it correctly using the "Safely Eject Hardware" operating system utility. The operating system caches write operations and there could be unwritten data, destined for file(s) on that flash drive, when you remove the SD card/USB stick. That data will be lost. You can't run this utility if any program run from a removable drive is still an active process or there is an active Explorer pane open for that drive -- well you can try to run it, but it won't succeed.

And before you ask, no, I won't be including any "safely eject hardware" functionality, for several reasons including:

* The code required is quite substantial and is not portable between 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
* Program shutdown time would be much slower due to the amount of checks that need to be made and that would affect all users equally, not just those using Circle Dock in a portable environment.
* There's a big risk of data loss - a risk I'm simply not about to take.
* For Portable Applications, there already is this functionality within the PortableApp menuing system (I make no comment as to its effectiveness or safety).

Mark

Archon of Fate:
ah, oh well. thanks for hearing me out  :-[

sgtevmckay:
ah, oh well. thanks for hearing me out  :-[
-Archon of Fate (March 14, 2010, 12:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cheer up friend, a lot of your suggestions, ideas, and concepts have been great.....do not let one idea shot down stop you  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version