topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: New for next Version - Advanced Stack Folders  (Read 3396 times)

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
New for next Version - Advanced Stack Folders
« on: January 19, 2010, 02:11 AM »
Although there have been a number of requests for this feature, it has always been my intention to support Stacks Docklet version 2. Now, before you get too excited, no, I'm not currently supporting Docklets per-se, but rather a special implementation.

There'll be a new set of settings in the main configuration dialog which will enable you to set the default settings for Stack Folders but you can override these settings on an individual Stack Folder basis.

The following screen-shots show the new Stack Folder Properties dialog that will appear when you add a new Stack Folder, or edit the settings of an existing one:

CD-1.pngNew for next Version - Advanced Stack Folders

CD-2.pngNew for next Version - Advanced Stack Folders

If you enable "Use custom settings" on the above page, a further Page is selectable:

CD-3.pngNew for next Version - Advanced Stack Folders

This last page is identical to the Stack Folder default settings pages in the main settings dialog.

Circle Dock's implementation of Stack Folders will (eventually) be somewhat more advanced than its competitors!

And before you ask: no, I'm not giving a time-scale for the next version. Sorry.

Mark

Update: A number of options are not acted-upon by the underlying application (StandaloneStack2), even though they are defined. Consequently some tab pages will remain hidden in both this dialog and in the main settings dialog.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 05:11 AM by Markham »