ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

Can't sniff any packets?

(1/3) > >>

willing:
Hi,

I've installed the newest version of URL Snooper (2.26.01) and WinPcap (4.1.1) in my computer, and when I started it, it said that Auto Detect is failed.
Okay, then I selected the adapter driver manually, in my list is "Network adapter 'Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller' on localhost."
However, when I clicked the "Sniff Network" and try to sniff something, it doesn't work.
No any URL show up in list and no packets be accouted in status bar.
I executed URL Snooper under Admin right, and My firewall is NIS 2010, but I've set a rule that let both URL Snooper and WinPcap access network.

I executed windump with -D parameter and got this information:
D:\>windump.exe -D
1.\Device\NPF_{4CF18BD9-EE19-4BE6-8932-9B4FAA3222D8} (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller)
--- End quote ---

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64,MB is Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P, and the on-board Network Contrller is Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (PHY: Realtek RTL8211/8212) PCI.

Are those information enough to report and solve the problem? ;)

Tim Choi:
I have a same problem too. but, still have no idea.
Anyone can help?

mouser:
It sounds like URL Snooper is detecting the adapter.. i'm not sure why it wouldn't be working.  Is that in fact the adapter that you are using in your computer?

willing:
It sounds like URL Snooper is detecting the adapter.. i'm not sure why it wouldn't be working.  Is that in fact the adapter that you are using in your computer?
-mouser (January 14, 2010, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes. But I can't figure out why URL Snooper doesn't work on it...
Maybe WinPcap still have some problems?

GAMEchief:
I'm having the same problem. It can find the network drivers, but can't use them apparently. It used to work. I have no clue what changed, but it doesn't anymore. Windows 7, 64bit. WinPcap finds 3 drivers fine. Just UrlSnooper can't get any of them to work. Other snooping programs can use them appropriately, but don't do what I want (which UrlSnooper does), so I really wish a fix would be found. I absolute adore UrlSnooper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version