ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FarrWebMetaSearch 1.6.0

<< < (17/17)

biorpg:
Download links are broken, and for whatever reason this was quite difficult to find(even though I found it in an obvious place). Smells of the sort of thing that Google has shunned..
FarrWebMetaSearch.zip

The link above should work forever unless explicitly removed or nuclear holocaust.

I've also attached the file.

RobFreundlich:
Download links are broken, and for whatever reason this was quite difficult to find(even though I found it in an obvious place). Smells of the sort of thing that Google has shunned..
FarrWebMetaSearch.zip

The link above should work forever unless explicitly removed or nuclear holocaust.

I've also attached the file.
-biorpg (September 10, 2017, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the download link! Unfortunately, all of the configs seem to be terribly out of date - no matter what I try, I get either no results or a neverending search. I wonder if this could be redone to use API's instead of scraping the sites so it could be more resilient.

phitsc:
Hello Rob

Generally, I think what you are suggesting would be a great idea. However, the usage of APIs typically requires an API key and is not necessarily free. I am also not sure how many websites are actually providing an API to "search" their site.

Are you thinking about some specific websites, or is your comment meant as a general suggestion?

Regards, Philipp

phitsc:
My dear Donation Coders! The FARR WebMetaSearch plugin is now open source and available on GitHub.

https://github.com/phitsc/farrwms

As the previous two posts indicate, the usefulness of this plugin is, unfortunately, fairly limited. Nevertheless, the source code may prove useful for other FARR plugin developers.

mouser:
 :up: :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version