ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FarrWebMetaSearch 1.6.0

<< < (12/17) > >>

ewemoa:
Ah yes, you mentioned that but I forgot. I think you said using FARR user variables would be ok?
-phitsc (July 06, 2010, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes.  For reference, the ideas were:

One idea is to be able to specify a path using FARR's "virtual folder" functionality as mentioned in the "Variable Replacements, Virtual Folder Names, Env Paths" section of the help file.  For example, being able to use %APPDRIVE%, %PLUGINDIR%, and the like as part of the path specification.  For reference, I believe "resolve" described in the "Values Getable by Plugins" section of the FARR help file can help with this.

--- End quote ---

Another is to be able to apply user variables.  For example, I have something like the following defined in the [Paths] section of my user variables:

par=%APPDRIVE%\apps

So using:

%uservar.Paths.par%

as part of a path.

--- End quote ---

The last idea is for non-absolute paths to be resolved relative the FarrWebMetaSearch plugin (or perhaps searches) directory.

--- End quote ---

Looking back on the ideas, it seems to me that the FARR user variables idea is the least convenient for users -- I assume this because I don't see much mention of it being used.  The easiest in terms of writing .conf files seems to me to be the "resolve relative to" idea.  Do you have an opinion about this?

Thanks for your continued attention and consideration regarding this, btw :)

phitsc:
Thanks for your continued attention and consideration regarding this, btw :)
-ewemoa (July 06, 2010, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
I just take you as a shining example :)

I've boldly uploaded version 1.6.0 so you can use DCUpdater to update to the current version (if DCUpdater works with your setup).

Searching local files should now work with both relative paths (relative to where FindAndRunRobot.exe is) and FARR virtual folder variables. I've not implemented user variables.

from the help file:

searchUrl
This can be either a local file or a web page. For web pages, start with http://, for local files, either use an absolute path (e.g. c:\temp\somefile.txt), a relative path (e.g. ..\..\temp\somefile.txt) which will be resolved relative to where FindAndRunRobot.exe is, or use any of the FARR virtual folder variables (.e.g %MYDOCUMENTS%\somefile.txt).
--- End quote ---

Let me know if it works or not. If it doesn't, enable the log file with wms !Enable Logging. Then check the log file with wms !Open log file.

ewemoa:
I've boldly uploaded version 1.6.0 so you can use DCUpdater to update to the current version (if DCUpdater works with your setup).
-ewemoa (July 06, 2010, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
-phitsc (July 09, 2010, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
...and I've boldly updated :)

Searching local files should now work with both relative paths (relative to where FindAndRunRobot.exe is) and FARR virtual folder variables. I've not implemented user variables.

--- End quote ---
Both implemented options seem to work here  :Thmbsup:

Out of curiosity, why did you decide to make the relative path relative to where the .exe is -- as compared with where the FarrWebMetaSearch plugin lives?

Let me know if it works or not. If it doesn't, enable the log file with wms !Enable Logging. Then check the log file with wms !Open log file.

--- End quote ---
Cool features  :up:

Thanks for the local file feature!

phitsc:
Out of curiosity, why did you decide to make the relative path relative to where the .exe is -- as compared with where the FarrWebMetaSearch plugin lives?
-ewemoa (July 09, 2010, 04:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
Öhhhm, ähhhm, well ... to be honest, I didn't even think about that. Just took whatever was easiest. The difference just being passing NULL or some variable to a Win32 API function. If relative from where the plugin lives would be more convenient to you, I can certainly change that :)

Thanks for the local file feature!
-ewemoa (July 09, 2010, 04:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
You are very welcome!

ewemoa:
If relative from where the plugin lives would be more convenient to you, I can certainly change that :)
-phitsc (July 09, 2010, 04:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
My current thoughts about this are that a common case would be to store local files to be parsed in Plugins\FarrWebMetaSearch\searches so that those files could live alongside their corresponding .conf files.  Consequently, having the "base" directory from which to resolve relative references be the Plugins\FarrWebMetaSearch\searches directory seems convenient to me.

BTW, I don't know if I mis-tested or I'm doing something wrong but I'm not finding the following sort of thing to be working now:

searchUrl=%PLUGINDIR%\searches\ahkscriptlisting.html

--- End quote ---

I get a popup informing me about not finding a file at: <driveletter>:\searches\ahkscriptlisting.html

For reference, the following seems to work:

searchUrl=%FARRDIR%\Plugins\FarrWebMetaSearch\searches\ahkscriptlisting.html

--- End quote ---

and the following too:

Plugins\FarrWebMetaSearch\searches\ahkscriptlisting.html

--- End quote ---

May be I've messed up somewhere...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version