ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FarrWebMetaSearch 1.6.0

<< < (10/17) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
P.S. aaah yes, and is it possible to have text in itallics or bold, or different color in the results window? Strangely enough, FARR seems to "cope" with the markup coming from Google - it ignores it. :)
-Alien282 (April 24, 2010, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes: you just set it in your definition -- simple html format works fine. something like
--- Code: HTML ---<i>$2</i> works OK: I've used that in my onelook search.

phitsc:
... I needed Google search (strange that nobody has asked for that yet?), especially with calculator and converter support - that is, I wanted to be able to input "50 eur in usd" and get the answer from Google. "50 km in miles" works too. ...-Alien282 (April 24, 2010, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
The reason for this is that there's s.newave's GooglePlus plugin that covers google search (and in a very sophisticated way). Not sure if it can do conversions and stuff though.

Anyway, I'll gladly include your google search in the next Farr WMS release.

Alien282:
Yes: you just set it in your definition -- simple html format works fine. something like
--- Code: HTML ---<i>$2</i> works OK: I've used that in my onelook search.
-Perry Mowbray (April 25, 2010, 03:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

hm, the markup from Google contains <em></em> tags, but I don't see any effect in FARR (other than they are gone from the text). Probably if I could do search and replace in the results... :D

The reason for this is that there's s.newave's GooglePlus plugin that covers google search (and in a very sophisticated way). Not sure if it can do conversions and stuff though.
-phitsc (April 26, 2010, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I have GooglePlus, but as you said it doesn't have the calculator/converter support which is actually the thing I wanted the most. Here, having regular expressions, that's easy enough. :) Otherwise, the google search is not that useful, because you can't see the WHOLE description and the keywords found aren't highlighted (that is why I was asking about the em tags).

skajfes:
How can I copy the result to clipboard?

ewemoa:
I'd like to be able to specify local files for searchUrl (e.g. for a local copy of the autohotkey script listing page).

Is it possible to do this already and if so, is there a way to do it without specifying absolute paths?

-ewemoa (February 09, 2010, 05:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
You mean instead of searching in a file downloaded from the web, you want to search in a local file?
-phitsc (February 09, 2010, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Any chance you might be motivated to work on this?

I'd like to use it for things like:

http://www.stoicjoker.com/HotKeys/Main.php?Target=WinXP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version