ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FarrWebMetaSearch 1.6.0

<< < (2/17) > >>

phitsc:
Concerning %SEARCHTERM% not working:
Although I haven't made a search using it, I've tested it in the debugger and it worked as expected. Nevertheless, I'll make you a version that prints out the regex used in DebugView so you can check if it's replaced as you would expect.

Concerning your multi-stage regex idea:
I'll implement that so you can check if it helps with this difficult to parse page.

Concerning the context menu:
A very good idea!

phitsc:
Perry, please download a special version of FarrWebMetaSearch from here. The only difference to the current official release is that it will print out the current search term and the regex used in the debug output which you can view with the DebugView tool.

Perry Mowbray:
Cool, I'll have a go when I get home.

Concerning %SEACHTERM%, the only reason that I'm confused is when the seach was (%SEACHTERM%) you'd expect to get some matches, but I'm not  :-\

Perry Mowbray:
Perry, please download a special version of FarrWebMetaSearch from here. The only difference to the current official release is that it will print out the current search term and the regex used in the debug output which you can view with the DebugView tool.
-phitsc (January 12, 2010, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Couldn't wait till I got home: this one works fine!  :Thmbsup:

Here is an update to the onelook search: onelook.zip (0.68 kB - downloaded 511 times.)

I think you are not clearing the farrGroup definition when loading a subSearch though? If you check this updated subSearch you'll notice that +Phrase and +Reverse both keep the original farrGroup definition.

Also, do you think it would be helpful to be able to add the subsearch switch anywhere? In the onelook search for example I wouldn't mind being able to change from Phrase to quick then to dictionary...

phitsc:
Here is an update to the onelook search:  (see attachment in previous post)
-Perry Mowbray (January 12, 2010, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks. Will be in the next release!

I think you are not clearing the farrGroup definition when loading a subSearch though? If you check this updated subSearch you'll notice that +Phrase and +Reverse both keep the original farrGroup definition.
--- End quote ---
Thanks for reporting this one. Will be fixed in the next release.

Also, do you think it would be helpful to be able to add the subsearch switch anywhere? In the onelook search for example I wouldn't mind being able to change from Phrase to quick then to dictionary...
--- End quote ---
Indeed I think it would. And I have put it on my todo list. The advantage of having the switch at the front is that I don't have to start searching until actual search terms have been entered. If I allow the switch to be anywhere, adding/changing the switch either triggers a research for every character entered, or I have to detect while typing that the thing being entered is actually a switch and not part of the search term. But I'll definitely implement this somehow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version