ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Thunderbird 3 Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

(1/5) > >>

tomos:
stole the title from the Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful thread :)

I currently only have one extension - and only one theme that I'd go as far as to say that I like it (have a bunch other I wouldnt recommend).
So I'm curious to hear what other's use

AttachmentExtractor http://www.eviljeff.com/?page=moz-extensions
The author was responsive the one time I made contact. I dont use it a huge amount and it has been buggy- but also getting updated regularly

WhiteHart theme https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/3791

Thunderbird 3 Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

only thing I'd change would be to make the background less white

So any recommendations?

Josh:
One and only: Enigmail

Tuxman:
+1 for Enigmail.

Other life-saving ones:

. CompactHeader, brings back the small header pane
. External Editor, because writing long texts in Tb sucks

Also proven useful in the past:

. Mail Tweak, tweaks Thunderbird's behavior
. Manually Sort Folders, recommended for multiple accounts

Still waiting for a fix:

. Muttator, who needs a mouse?
. (Basically works but has some flaws left to fix.)

dantheman:
+1 CompactHeader

GContactSync seems to be doing fine so far.

Lightning b1 seems to be holding okay too. Just came out not long ago. You can sync it with Google's Calendar.

Alfred Kayser's LittleBird and LittleFox are my favs for Tbird and Firefox. Very small but not too too small!

mwang:
ImportExportTools (MboxImport enhanced) Most powerful mail import/export tool for Thunderbird. (Thunderbird is quite weak in this regard. E.g., it opens .eml files fine, but can't import them into mail storage.) Can't find it on addons.mozilla.org, has to go to the author's homepage, which has dozens of Thunderbird extensions.

LookOut To deal with TNEF encoded attachments from Outlook.

Remove Duplicate Messages (Alternate) If you receive a lot of duplicate messages.

Show InOut If you like to put in/out mail (to the same person, e.g.) in the same folder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version