ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 3.6 final, which is the same as RC 2 Jan 15 build .. is out

(1/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
They officially released FF 3.6.  This is the same code as FF RC2 Jan. 15 Build 1 release. I've been using it since then.  Seems stable.

Just for grins I downloaded the 3.6 final English 32 bit installer and the md5 sum is the same as the Jan. 15 RC2.

If you're running that version no need to download. :)

Bamse:
Softpedia is an invalid source for everything Firefox. This is a build1 of a candidate for RC - or something. And the xx time they have done this pre-releasing/announcing. They know better but want traffic more than accuracy. Typical, soon Majorgeeks and others will follow. Can't wait until Friday https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/DeliveryMeetings/2010-01-06

Link is http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/3.6rc1-candidates/build1/ not Softpedia  8)

MilesAhead:
All I know is it works as well if not better than 3.6 beta 5.  It's not the easiest thing in the world to even find FF betas on the Mozilla sites.  The whole setup is totally disorganized. Not to mention having about 5 concurrent versions extant.  The whole thing looks like a churning operation.

f0dder:
All I know is it works as well if not better than 3.6 beta 5.  It's not the easiest thing in the world to even find FF betas on the Mozilla sites.  The whole setup is totally disorganized. Not to mention having about 5 concurrent versions extant.  The whole thing looks like a churning operation.-MilesAhead (January 06, 2010, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
Prolly because betas aren't meant for the general population? Sure, if you're a web developer you'll want to keep on top of things, but otherwise it's safer to stay with non-betas :)

Bamse:
Not difficult to find if you are interested enough :) Once installed autoupdates activates every day for a new "build".

From Mozillas point of view problem is not so much shaky code (with Firefox?) since official RC release most likely will be exact match but that Softpedia and others often give direct links to ftp server. Something about server load balancing stuff not kicking in properly. More important with release of final builds. Once links "are out" they spread fast :) Those who can't wait know where to get Firefox anyway so only a question of being first and get attention. Also why they now feel a need to offer Firefox extensions, most popular ones of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version