ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Req: Ctrl+backspace to delete from cursor position

<< < (3/3)

lanux128:
i found a program (mIRC) where this scripts doesn't work.. :( as you can see in the screenshot. it's focused on the edit control but Ctrl+Backspace doesn't work. maybe you can work your magic here. :)

ewemoa:
i found a program (mIRC) where this scripts doesn't work.. :(
-lanux128 (May 13, 2010, 09:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well it is not surprising to me :)  The current code is deliberately made to be a bit focused on where it's supposed to work.

FWIW, the code from which this descends only checked controls with class "Edit".  FARR doesn't use that for its main edit box IIUC, so I changed what it checks for.  I also modified it to check the window class as the original request was for FARR and I didn't want this to affect too many other things.

I agree that a more general tool would be interesting, but haven't given it much consideration yet.

Don't know if you have AutoHotkey_L to test, but may be this will work...not as a replacement tool, but as something temporary to run separately as a test
--- Code: AutoIt ---#If ActiveControlIsOfClassAndWindowIsOfClass("Edit", "mIRC"){  ^BS::Send ^+{Left}{Del}  ^Del::Send ^+{Right}{Del}}#If ActiveControlIsOfClassAndWindowIsOfClass(CClass, WClass) {  ControlGetFocus, FocusedControl, A  ControlGet, FocusedControlHwnd, Hwnd, , % FocusedControl, A  WinGetClass, FocusedControlClass, % "ahk_id " . FocusedControlHwnd  WinGet, Hwnd, ID, A  WinGetClass, FocusedWindowClass, % "ahk_id " . Hwnd  Return (FocusedControlClass = CClass) and (FocusedWindowClass = WClass)}

ewemoa:
Perhaps a new topic is in order?

FWIW, the following is something that tries to work with a wider selection of controls:

http://ewemoa.dcmembers.com/tmp/CtrlBSDelHack.exe

SHA1: 7e808d15300c9bfb40e6b66d09f0893a112a6432

ewemoa:
lanux128, I am not finding the hack to work in the following situation.

Req: Ctrl+backspace to delete from cursor position

Without the hack running, Control+LeftArrow at the end of the path field will move the cursor to the beginning of the field.

Before:
  C:\WINDOWS\System32|

After:
  |C:\WINDOWS\System32

where | shows the cursor position.

Contrast this with Windows Explorer's address field where the result is that the cursor moves to the right of the last backslash.

Before:
  C:\WINDOWS\System32|

After:
  C:\WINDOWS\|System32

Without the hack running, do you happen to know some general keystrokes that would move the cursor to the right of the last backslash in the Extraction Wizard dialog?  More generally, moving the cursor to the first backslash to the left of the current cursor position :)

I'd rather not do things that involve copying the text, analyzing the content, and sending arrow keys to get this to work...

lanux128:
i noticed this too on a installer dialog (can't remember if it was InstallShield or NSIS). they do not seem identify the backslash as a delimiter, unlike the way windows explorer does. i believe this is the default in most text editors and word processors. i'll let you know if i find out anything. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version