ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

"God Mode" in Win7? (All Tasks)

(1/2) > >>

zridling:
Saw this AppScout post on all tasks in Win7 and surprised it's not touted as a expert feature. Seems like a brilliant time saver.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Q:   Suddenly I'm hearing a lot about some kind of "God Mode" in Windows. I know what that means in games, but I can't make sense out of it as a Windows thing. Is it real? Is it good for anything? --Mansfield Skaess.

A: The correct name for this feature is "All Tasks." Apparently, one of the Windows 7 beta editions made this feature visible to users, but Microsoft later pulled it back into the shadows.

The "All Tasks" folder lists over 250 settings from various Control Panel applets and system settings dialogss in a tree-structured list, organized by the application associated with each setting. To enable the All Tasks feature on your Windows 7 PC, simply create a new folder and name it:

Anything.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

replacing "Anything" with whatever text you choose. You'll notice that the folder icon changes to an image of a control console. Opening this folder displays that lengthy list of settings.

Ehtyar:
It should be 'Anything.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}' (without the space) I think. Thanks Zaine :)

Ehtyar.

zridling:
Thanks Ehtyar. Found another story on it just posted on OSNews:
http://www.osnews.com/story/22691/Activate_Windows_7_s_Hidden_God_Mode_

1) Create a new folder.
2) Name it: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
3) That's it.

4wd:
Didn't work if I did it on the Desktop but did if I created it in C:\.

EDIT: It does work on Desktop.

Stoic Joker:
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Worked fine on the Desktop for me (Win7 x64)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version