ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

a problem help.....

<< < (2/2)

sgtevmckay:
Cool

I needed that Info for the wikidot

jc5793333:
my extra vision is 0.92alpha8.2 ,i want to updata to 1.0 but i don't want to set my files again.
so can i just modify the file 'DockItemData and Config' to achieve the goal ? and how?
thanks!
-jc5793333 (January 03, 2010, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
Simply install the new version into the same folder as your current version of Circle Dock. When it starts up, the new version will use your existing settings.
Mark
-Markham (January 04, 2010, 12:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

the Extension of the setting in 0.92 was    .ini   both config and dockitemdata,and in 1.0 the Extension is xml so...your solvetion does not work

Eeek....i'm sorry it works....though i don't known why.....when i just copy the setting to the new version folder,it does not work, but install the new version to the same folder....it works

sgtevmckay:
The ini files are used for the initial set up, then the XML folders take over once the initial build is complete at time of set up  ;)

Have fun  :Thmbsup:

jc5793333:
my extra vision is 0.92alpha8.2 ,i want to updata to 1.0 but i don't want to set my files again.
so can i just modify the file 'DockItemData and Config' to achieve the goal ? and how?
thanks!
-jc5793333 (January 03, 2010, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Eeek...I should know this answer, but unfortunately with all the testing I have done over the last couple of months...I am unsure.  :-[

So I suggest the following:
Make  Back up of Circle Dock....The entire file.
Just copy and paste it some where safe.

Check all AppData folders and see if there is any Circle Dock folders there, If so make a copy of these as well.
The AppData folder is located in the User File
ie:
C:\Users\[User Name Here]\AppData

Once this is done, and you know you can restore your original files.
Download and The latest release and install to your current Circle Dock Directory.

Now since I am unsure of how this will work...I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to try and tell us how the install goes.

I will venture to say that it should work.

My apologies for not having a direct yes or no answer here...If it does not work
Then all you have to do is delete the files in place and restore your back up files to the appropriate areas.
-sgtevmckay (January 03, 2010, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

i prefer to exit the dock when playing games,but...it take a lot of trouble.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version