ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SUPER © updated, download from Major Geeks

<< < (5/5)

Curt:
ehh... I am not actually short on converters, either.

lanux128:
SUPER © 2011 Build 47
WARNING:
You may not want to get build 47 anyway! The installer was unable to download "something", and I was forced to abort installation. So now I have no SUPER © at all!
-Curt (March 13, 2011, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

the embellishments started from build 45's installer itself.. that's why i am only using build 42 now.

40hz:
@Curt - FWIW, the Filehippo website maintains an archive of the most current along with numerous previous releases of Super. Link here.

:Thmbsup:

40hz:
SUPER © 2011 Build 47

http://majorgeeks.com/Super_d5117.html
or
http://www.filehippo.com/download_super/

Edited:
My installer wanted to install a third party program named Registry Reviver. It seems you may need to click "Do NOT install..." even though "install" appears to be unmarked.

WARNING:
You may not want to get build 47 anyway! The installer was unable to download "something", and I was forced to abort installation. So now I have no SUPER © at all!
 :tellme:
--- End quote ---

Part of the issue you encountered is may be caused by a piece of software called Open Candy.

There's an ongoing discussion about Open Candy in this DoCo thread.

There's a good amount of debate surrounding this software. OC's creators insist it should not be classified as adware - so long as you very narrowly define what constitutes adware - like they do. Microsoft disagrees. MSE is currently flagging OC as potentially harmful adware, and has so far refused to change this classification despite protests from OC and some developers who are now including it with their software.

Despite assurances form OC's authors, and a public relations effort from OC (and the people who are incorporating it into their installers) many end-users are complaining about it. And the explanations and justifications from OC aren't doing much to make it more acceptable to them.

Gizmo's website (www.techsupportalert.com) is having discussions about how best to handle any software shipping with Open Candy as part of the installation package. And a sitewide policy regarding the listing and review of such software is currently in the draft/discussion phase. Right now, it doesn't look too good for software that includes it.

Be interesting to see how this eventually plays out. 8)

Curt:
SUPER © 2011 Build 47
WARNING:
--- End quote ---

the embellishments started from build 45's installer itself.. that's why i am only using build 42 now.
-lanux128 (March 13, 2011, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
@Curt - FWIW, the Filehippo website maintains an archive of the most current along with numerous previous releases of Super. Link here.

:Thmbsup:
-40hz (March 13, 2011, 07:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I find it really weird / worrying that the changelog doesn't mention it.  :tellme:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_super/changelog/

FYI: I have installed build 47. This time there were no problems. The "something" that it wanted to download (but couldn't, the first time) were merely more converter things.

BTW, from the installer:

SUPER © (Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer) is nothing more than a trivial graphic user interface to the famous line command encoders:

FFmpeg, MEncoder, MPlayer, x264, MusePack, Monkey's audio, Shorten audio, TAK audio, True audio, WavPack, the libavcodec library & the theora/vorbis RealProducer's plugIn.
-SUPER on SUPER
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version