ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Resources for learning git?

<< < (8/11) > >>

Deozaan:
I recently came across this PDF: Git from the Bottom Up. It may have been posted on DC before. Perhaps even in this very thread. I didn't bother to check, and I don't remember how I came across the link. Honestly I haven't gotten very far (about page 9) but it seems to be a nice explanation of how Git works so far.

[EDIT]I just checked and indeed, this PDF was linked in this very thread. That's probably where I found it. :)[/EDIT]

I really like some of the ideas behind Git (such as how blobs automatically handle de-duplication of data), but I hate the tools I've used to try to interact with Git. That is why I still much prefer Mercurial. (That's not to say I don't have my gripes about the tools I use for Hg.)

Tuxman:
At least hg comes with native tools on Windows.

wraith808:
At least hg comes with native tools on Windows.
-Tuxman (October 06, 2015, 07:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Git does too.  It's OK that you don't like it.  But it's also OK that others do.  Just like it's OK if you use BSD alongside Windows.

(have to check his basement thread to get the joke on that one.)

Tuxman:
No, it does not. Unless you have a weird definition of "native".

wraith808:
No, it does not. Unless you have a weird definition of "native".
-Tuxman (October 06, 2015, 08:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Native meaning compiled for Windows.  Yes it does.  Perhaps not the best, but it does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version