ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Resources for learning git?

<< < (2/11) > >>

Darwin:
O/T - I thought being a git came to all men of a certain age?
-Carol Haynes (January 23, 2010, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I suspect that most North Americans won't be familiar with the term "git"...

cranioscopical:
I thought being a git came to all men of a certain age?
-Carol Haynes (January 23, 2010, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Some of us are biggity from the start!

ewemoa:
The original blog seems to be down but check out this pdf of the article I found online, it's a excellent brief intro the branches and merges.

http://ietl.univ-lyon2.fr/sites/ietl/IMG/pdf/Git_merging_by_example.pdf. I also attached it in-case the pdf disappears from the web too.
-Eóin (January 23, 2010, 11:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for pointing this out and taking the time to increase the chances of availability  :Thmbsup:

tinjaw:
OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK  :o

I got it. I am now changing everything over to git.  :-[

I am 24 minutes into a 1 hour 10 minute talk by God Linus Torvalds about git and I am thoroughly embarrassed to have resisted this long. I now understand that I stuck with SVN because I was comfortable with SVN. I am a moron. (I'm not joking here. I am complete serious.)  :(

I will begin moving all my projects to git, one by one, as I work on them.

Carol Haynes:
Linus Torvalds has quipped about the name "git", which is British English slang for a stupid or unpleasant person: "I'm an egotistical bastard, and I name all my projects after myself. First Linux, now git."
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version