ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How can we *share* Donationcoder.com better in 2010?

<< < (3/6) > >>

zridling:
Yea, definitely a diction mistake on my part. I should have phrased it like Perry does -- share and promote. There's a lot to brag about on this site, on what it has become, and the good it does year after year. So to get back to the original question:

- Tell your friends.
- Mention on other sites and forums where relevant.
- Be ready to recommend member software where you see a need.
- Blog, twit, and best of all, contribute here.

That's what I meant.

cranioscopical:
Zaine, my apologies for the pedantry!
I never doubted your meaning.
Cogito ergo dumb.

Shades:
Experiences of Paul Carr regarding marketing:
http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/bnttp.html

The full title of the story is:
Bringing Nothing To The Party: True Confessions Of A New Media Whore

Brilliantly written if you can appreciate British humor...and it's still very entertaining if you don't   ;) 
Reading it in one go took me several hours, it is sized like a (small) novel.

zridling:
@Shades:
Holy crap, thanks for the link. That's incredible. If you do read it, don't skip the footnotes. ha!!

JavaJones:
Promotion aside (as I think we all probably do the best we can without actual marketing, budgets, etc.), I feel like the best thing that could be done to improve DC's visibility and value would be better organization and accessibility of content. The content pages on the main site pointing to most everything in the forums are good, but even once you know about the idea of "coding snacks" and you find the forum area, how easy is it really to find out what apps there are? Browse through the entire snacks forum? A software directory might be an interesting concept to consider, just as one example. Obviously a better way to organize, search, and display reviews is another key...

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version